cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right Controller losing tracking

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've started to notice my right touch controller losing tracking. I'm not sure what triggers it exactly, but jumping into dead and buried might be one of them (or could be coincidence). 

The only way I can solve the issue is to restart Oculus home or take the battery out of the controller and put it back in.
56 REPLIES 56

EliteSPA
Superstar
I think all are USB compatibility issues.
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

Applecorp
Rising Star
This whole USB thing with the Rift/Touch is a bit of a mess really, they need to sort it out.

The Rift and Touch are great but sometimes I think maybe I should have pressed that buy button on the Vive store back in April.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a Gigabye Z97X Gaming 3 mainboard.

I've spent hours using touch in games like rec room and superhot, the unspoken without any issues (between 6-8 hours) for a few nights when I first got touch controllers.. I've just started to play dead and buried a lot, and that's when I really noticed it. It gets really bad, I'm sure I would have noticed it before...

EliteSPA
Superstar
I noticed this yesterday night playing "RAW DATA" I had to remove the battery and put it back in and problem solved, but is a software issue that have to fixed in the upcoming update. The MOBO is z170-pro and innatek PCI-E 4 Ports card.
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

HiThere_
Superstar
For me Dead and Buried in 2vs2 mode is typically the game where the 360°
opposite corner setup showed it's limits : That game in that game mode
requires a dual front facing camera setup (with or without a third
camera).

But if you're smart you can switch between front facing
cameras and 360° setups without having to move the cameras, or having to
buy a third one.

Also the Inateck USB3 hub's energy saving mode
just loves to activate in the middle of an active VR session, so I
wouldn't be surprised if the Touch controller is being powered down in
the middle of a VR session, and that removing and putting back the
battery just sends a signal to the Inatck USB3 hub to power back up the
Touch controller support : I solved that by switching to an older USB
hub driver (probably one that has a lesser aggressive energy saving mode).

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just got my 3rd sensor this morning and set it up... The tracking issue persists, and it's worse with the right controller. Before tracking degrades, I also get a little "jump" when turning around... perhaps when the right rear sensor takes over or? I don't know what's going on..hopefully these issues can be resolved though.  

Going to try changing around the USB ports. 

It might be a coincidence but I noticed a slight improvement after putting 3rd sensor into front panel USB3 vs usb 2 on the board. 

Will check power management and all that too.

Myrskalle
Protege
Try changing the batteries to new ones, even if Home says they still have charge. It worked for me last night (and it's the only thing that has worked). Gonna play some more tonight and see if the problem rears its ugly head again.

Applecorp
Rising Star

whoa182 said:

I just got my 3rd sensor this morning and set it up... The tracking issue persists, and it's worse with the right controller. Before tracking degrades, I also get a little "jump" when turning around... perhaps when the right rear sensor takes over or? I don't know what's going on..hopefully these issues can be resolved though.  

I get that jump too, always at the same point, it doesn't make sense cause it's certainly not outside the range of the sensor.

elboffor
Consultant
Out of interest  (possibly and most likely not the case but here goes) who here has tracking issues and overly loud clicky touches?
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Applecorp
Rising Star
My Touches aren't loud or clicky, but one odd thing I have noticed is the vast majority of people appear to have tracking issues mainly with the right Touch controller. Hmm.