cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right Controller losing tracking

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've started to notice my right touch controller losing tracking. I'm not sure what triggers it exactly, but jumping into dead and buried might be one of them (or could be coincidence). 

The only way I can solve the issue is to restart Oculus home or take the battery out of the controller and put it back in.
56 REPLIES 56

Anonymous
Not applicable
My right controller's trigger is loud too... the rubber dampener seems to have moved just a few days after I got touch. I hope quality control is improved 😕 

Applecorp
Rising Star
Actually, just tested my trigger buttons and the right one is indeed very clicky sounding, like there is nothing cushioning it, the left is fine and has a more dull, dampened sound to it.

FFS Oculus?!

I see a product recall coming due to defective right controllers.

Applecorp
Rising Star
Has Oculus been contacted about this?

Myrskalle
Protege

Myrskalle said:

Try changing the batteries to new ones, even if Home says they still have charge. It worked for me last night (and it's the only thing that has worked). Gonna play some more tonight and see if the problem rears its ugly head again.

An update: played for about two hours today and have not experienced any issues with the right controller. Help me test this people: if you are experiencing the issue where the right controller starts to drift, change the batteries in both controllers to new ones, even if Home says they current batteries still have charge.

Applecorp
Rising Star
Already tried that yesterday, made no difference.

elboffor
Consultant
It wouldn't surprise me if the 2 are related. A piece of rubber flying around inside the controller could cause all kinds of havoc
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

EliteSPA
Superstar
Same here, right controller is louder... :s
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

Applecorp
Rising Star
Wow, how common is this?!

Can we confirm that it's not meant to be louder?  lol

elboffor
Consultant
Well mine isnt loud and mine works perfectly.

You may need to watch this video to fully appreciate the connection. But there could well be a connection.

https://youtu.be/PS8dNzRhMgk
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Anonymous
Not applicable
How important is it that the sensors are all at one height? I've rearranged sensors today as best as I could and tracking seems to have improved now when I turn around. It's not perfect, but there is only a very tiny jump when turning around compared to my previous sensor placement.

The sensors will either be wall mounted or put on the ceiling tomorrow.. so we'll see how that goes.