cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Oculus Id e-mail address

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I change my Oculus Id e-mail address?
29 REPLIES 29

maxwood
Explorer

Jimmyl said:

My personal email (registered to my Oculus account years ago), like all of my families accounts in same domain, is being spammed all to hell. My parents are downsizing and will soon be selling our family home (of 16 years) after which the domain was named and they will likely ditch the domain.

I've just changed the email/login easily for 100+ assorted accounts including Uplay, Steam, HumbleB, Paypal, eBay and 7 banks/credit cards.

I have spent a fair amount of money on Oculus Home as well as having kickstarter redemptions and the EVE Founders pack. Are you really saying my only options are to buy all of that again or pay monthly fees to support a domain and mailbox I do not need?

Come on guys, email addresses can be long term (had mine 16 years) but they are certainly not permanent.

Install Oculus Home, go to settings and change it there.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, since the thread was first started the situation has changed. You can now change your email address from inside the Oculus desktop app. Hope that helps.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Jimmyl
Explorer
Thanks for this

KevinBKnaus
Honored Guest
I had to uninstall oculus for my samsung 7 phone. Now when re-installing it wants me to "create" a new user account with Oculus, but I already have one and it rejects the attempt to 'create' a new account. Oculus doesn't let me change the email address in my account, nor does Oculus present me with an alternative to "creating" a new account when I install, in other words, Oculus doesn't offer a way to login to an existing account when you re-install Oculus on the Gear VR. Any way around this, like can I delete my Oculus account?

KevinBKnaus
Honored Guest
and from what I can see as of 20161228, you cannot change the email address from within the Oculus desktop app? Unless by the "desktop app" you mean something different than the log in profile area of the browswer based user account pages.

WheezyC
Honored Guest
I am having the same issue. The app crashed and I reinstalled. Now it wants me to create another account and I already have one. There is no option to login to existing account. Any ideas? 

WheezyC
Honored Guest
Fixed... make your font smaller.  The option is at the bottom of the page and does not show with large font. 

leowebdev
Honored Guest

Sorry. The system wasn't designed to support this, though it's understandably a legitimate request. It is something that may be added later down the road, but probably not in the immediate future.

when are you guys fixing this?

cybereality
Grand Champion

leowebdev said:

when are you guys fixing this?

This has been fixed for a while now (it's an old thread). Simply check the account settings in the Oculus desktop app. Sorry for the confusion.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

StatFreakOLD
Honored Guest
With all due respect this has NOT been fixed.
I'm looking at the open desktop page right now and there's no way to edit my email.
There are edit links next to my username, password and pin but no way to edit my name or email under the personal info section.
Do I have to delete my account and create a new one? What's going on here? Why are you people saying this is fixed when it clearly isn't?