Height glitching up and down - Page 2 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Height glitching up and down

Comments

• mambo1888mambo1888 Posts: 796
    Neo
    I get this issue too, mainly noticeable in I Expect You To Die, I have noticed it in other games but not as frequent. I had put it down too my 2 sensors in opposite corners being quite high and this being a sitting game but seen this thread. Think il wait and see if the update fixes the issue before moving the sensors.
  • SuperTuckSuperTuck Posts: 119
    Art3mis
    Well just got home a bit early and for me at least the fault is exactly the same as it was before..
    Well that is disappointing.
  • gamefan101gamefan101 Posts: 194
    Art3mis
    edited December 2016
    SuperTuck said:
    Would love to get this update. Why the hell can't we opt in when we are having issues like we are? Rolling it out randomly is absolutely non-sensical in a situation such as this.
    Yes indeed. I'm still on version 1.10.1.316065

Heck! I'm seeing different version numbers everywhere I look, different if I look at the OVR driver in services, as opposed to the General tab on the Oculus home window.  The 6065 number is from the rear "bar" panel in the VR OH.

Which one should I be focusing on?
  • Callidus80Callidus80 Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    gamefan101 said:
     The 6065 number is from the rear "bar" panel in the VR OH.
    Which one should I be focusing on?
    I'm not sure what that is actually referencing if you find out let me know.

All I do know is Oculus App version 1.10.2 didnt fix the height glitching and I'm not enjoying the fault finding anyymore.
  • BCL74BCL74 Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    @cybereality I put in a support ticket trying to get the imu tool because I am experiencing some sway but they never got back to me. Can you please pm me as well? Thanks!
  • coderzerocoderzero Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Hey guys, I was experiencing a similar issue (would get really bad if I looked down). I too had all of my sensors mounted high off the ground. I was able to resolve by different sensor setup and in particular having one sensor closer to the ground than the others (7' for 2 and 3' for one).
  • SorithSorith Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    coderzero said:
    Hey guys, I was experiencing a similar issue (would get really bad if I looked down). I too had all of my sensors mounted high off the ground. I was able to resolve by different sensor setup and in particular having one sensor closer to the ground than the others (7' for 2 and 3' for one).
    Do you have it setup with the recommended 2 in front 1 in the corner?pretty much up to try anything at this point lol. Having the same issue. 
  • R0cksteddieR0cksteddie Posts: 28
    Brain Burst
    edited December 2016
    Any update on this as I get the exact same issue?

Attached my logs in case it's of any assistance.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    @R0cksteddie Seems the issue is with one of the sensors timing out. I'd first try using a different USB port (preferably USB 2.0).
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Brain Burst
    @cybereality Thanks for checking so quickly!  I won't be able to re-test now until tomorrow evening but I'll let you know how I get on.  Would make things easier if I knew which sensor is timing out, trial and error I guess.
    Brain Burst
    edited December 2016
    @cybereality I've done more checking this evening and changing either camera to USB 2.0 not made any difference I'm afraid. In fact it seemed a little worse to me.  Hand tracking seems to be ok for the most part, just the HMD tracking is off.

Added tonight's logs as well.
  • ApacheXMDApacheXMD Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I am having the same issue. Height glitches up and down. Seems to happen every few minutes. Up and then down. Always alternating directions. Attached are logs.
  • Silverfoxx30Silverfoxx30 Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    Having the same issue, also move slightly left and right at times, all 3 sensors ceiling mounted and tried on various usb ports. Any solutions would be helpful as can't play anything properly at the moment.
  • loregnumloregnum Posts: 87
    Hiro Protagonist
    Checked out I expect You To Die for the first time today and sure enough, had this issue. Haven't seen the issue in any of games I have currently played. 
    NerveGear
    Same issue here, I've been able to isolate the issue to one particular sensor, it seems to be getting worse over time. No reply for oculus support yet.... 
  • Silverfoxx30Silverfoxx30 Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    I've re mounted all my cameras the right way up either high on the wall or back on stands rather than upside down from the ceiling and so far it seems to have fixed the issue, my 3 cameras are all also at different heights now and I haven't had a glitch this morning. 
  • EliteSPAEliteSPA Posts: 1,560
    Project 2501
    Are you guys playing seated? maybe you have to reset your sensor view cause you moved from the stand spot.
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz
  • FlausnFlausn Posts: 187
    Art3mis
    fiiiix iiiit oooocccuuullluuuusss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
  • EpoxianEpoxian Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    I have the exact same issue... a similar issue was there before the 1.10 update with one sensor. The problem was gone for me until touch arrived. Here is what I found out so far:
    The glitch does not occur when I cover one sensor (this might eliminate certain types of USB bandwidth issues as a source of error).
    The glitch does also not occur, when I place both sensors next to each other, so their lenses are offset by only ~2cm.
    Both sensors must be parallel and have the same tilt. If I tilt one sensor completely up and the other one down, the problem reduces from height-changing glitch to horizon-rotation-glitch.
    I tested this by facing the sensors and then quickly rotate my head by 180 degrees.
    I have one sensor from kickstarter-days and bought touch-sensor from local retailer (maybe the internal sensor hardware changed and this configuration needs special treatment?).
  • TMeXTMeX Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I'm having this issue with 2 sensors, these are plugged to one intel eXtensible usb controller 3.0 that comes in my msi motherboard (everything in usb 3.0).
    I'm thinking that could be a sync problem between the sensors caused by an usb bandwidth limitation, i get a {WARNING} [Tracking:Manager] Sensor moved in the log.

So I wonder... is someone having this issue with 2 sensors, using the inateck card for 2 sensors, and the mobo for the hmd? (everything in usb 3.0)
    Because in that case there should not be usb banwidth issues.
    NerveGear
    Having height issue with just 2 sensors, inateck card, asmedia, intel c620, any combination of those.... 
    Art3mis
    i deinstalled innatek drivers problem solved...there is a warning ignoreit. greez
  • AJBatsAJBats Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    Flausn said:
    i deinstalled innatek drivers problem solved...there is a warning ignoreit. greez
    I tried this but it didn't work. But its possible I didn't uninstall the Inateck drivers correctly since there wasn't a clear driver entry in the "add/remove programs" screen. How did you uninstall the Inateck drivers? I just want to confirm I've done it right.
  • hecterhecter Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I had this issue pretty badly at first - see the following two gfycat's as an example:

Superhot:
    https://gfycat.com/GoodnaturedForsakenBaboon

Kingspray:
    https://gfycat.com/ExemplaryEnviousGangesdolphin

I figured out that raising my hands up and down above and below my head, especially when one would occlude a sensor, caused or exacerbated the issue - to the extent that I warped out of the level entirely in Superhot.

However, I have fixed it, and have since only experienced minor (somewhat expected) tracking errors, for example when you turn around 180 degrees.

The way I fixed it was by swapping over the two sensors physical location (right sensor to the left position, left sensor to the right position), and also swapping over the USB ports they were using. I have one plugged directly into one of my mobo's rear USB 3 ports, and one plugged into the recommended USB 3 card (which also has my headset plugged in).

If this is the same issues as others are experiencing, and I can help others fix this issue in any way, please don't hesitate to reach out. 

Art3mis
    edited December 2016
    for some reason my intek card shows never usb 3.0 when i plug my rift in. just when i plug it in the mb. like this its almost fine for me without inatek drivers...i deinstalled it in programms and features, right click on fresco logic drivers...deinstall . greez
  • itakumreitakumre Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Wow, I've tried everything : swapping USB ports, change sensor position and angle in any way it is possible, install/uninstall USB drivers, change power management on Windows...

And the thing that definitely fixed this height glitching on my headset was IMUCalibration tool. This is the second day from calibrating my Rift and I haven't see a single height change.
    I had some little tilted view on my headset that probably was causing this issue and this tool fixed that perfectly.
    NerveGear
    itakumre said:
    Wow, I've tried everything : swapping USB ports, change sensor position and angle in any way it is possible, install/uninstall USB drivers, change power management on Windows...

And the thing that definitely fixed this height glitching on my headset was IMUCalibration tool. This is the second day from calibrating my Rift and I haven't see a single height change.
    I had some little tilted view on my headset that probably was causing this issue and this tool fixed that perfectly.
    Where do you get this calibration tool?
  • itakumreitakumre Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    edited December 2016
    Theoretically You should ask support to send it to You.
    There is also link to it from a Google cache of the Oculus Support page.
    And there is another source here : https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/44368/is-your-rifts-view-tilted-slanted-heres-how-you-fix-it
    Before You try to run calibration process make sure You also have this tilted view plane in headset.
    https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/448695/#Comment_448695
  • KevinLongtimeKevinLongtime Posts: 283
    Nexus 6
    loregnum said:
    Checked out I expect You To Die for the first time today and sure enough, had this issue. Haven't seen the issue in any of games I have currently played. 
    This is the first game I noticed it in too! Very annoying. Made sure not to finish the game till this issue is gone.
    NerveGear
    I've rolled back to the windows 10 drivers on the Inateck card. I've run the IMUCalibration tool. I've even tried one guy's solution where he physically swaps the sensors. None of these user found solutions work. I need a fix from Oculus on this.