cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Height glitching up and down

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
Today I've been noticing this weird thing where I'm sitting inside of "I expect you to die" and while im sitting in my chair I get this glitch every once in a while where my height glitches upwards and I have to reset my default orientation to get it back down to normal. After a little while it will do it again. 

Anyone else have this?
199 REPLIES 199

TMeX
Explorer
I'm having this issue with 2 sensors, these are plugged to one intel eXtensible usb controller 3.0 that comes in my msi motherboard (everything in usb 3.0).
I'm thinking that could be a sync problem between the sensors caused by an usb bandwidth limitation, i get a {WARNING} [Tracking:Manager] Sensor moved in the log.

So I wonder... is someone having this issue with 2 sensors, using the inateck card for 2 sensors, and the mobo for the hmd? (everything in usb 3.0)
Because in that case there should not be usb banwidth issues.

coderzero
Explorer
Having height issue with just 2 sensors, inateck card, asmedia, intel c620, any combination of those.... 

Flausn
Expert Protege
i deinstalled innatek drivers problem solved...there is a warning ignoreit. greez

AJBats
Protege

Flausn said:

i deinstalled innatek drivers problem solved...there is a warning ignoreit. greez

I tried this but it didn't work. But its possible I didn't uninstall the Inateck drivers correctly since there wasn't a clear driver entry in the "add/remove programs" screen. How did you uninstall the Inateck drivers? I just want to confirm I've done it right.

hecter
Honored Guest
I had this issue pretty badly at first - see the following two gfycat's as an example:

Superhot:
https://gfycat.com/GoodnaturedForsakenBaboon

Kingspray:
https://gfycat.com/ExemplaryEnviousGangesdolphin

I figured out that raising my hands up and down above and below my head, especially when one would occlude a sensor, caused or exacerbated the issue - to the extent that I warped out of the level entirely in Superhot.

However, I have fixed it, and have since only experienced minor (somewhat expected) tracking errors, for example when you turn around 180 degrees.

The way I fixed it was by swapping over the two sensors physical location (right sensor to the left position, left sensor to the right position), and also swapping over the USB ports they were using. I have one plugged directly into one of my mobo's rear USB 3 ports, and one plugged into the recommended USB 3 card (which also has my headset plugged in).

If this is the same issues as others are experiencing, and I can help others fix this issue in any way, please don't hesitate to reach out. 

Flausn
Expert Protege
for some reason my intek card shows never usb 3.0 when i plug my rift in. just when i plug it in the mb. like this its almost fine for me without inatek drivers...i deinstalled it in programms and features, right click on fresco logic drivers...deinstall . greez

itakumre
Explorer
Wow, I've tried everything : swapping USB ports, change sensor position and angle in any way it is possible, install/uninstall USB drivers, change power management on Windows...

And the thing that definitely fixed this height glitching on my headset was IMUCalibration tool. This is the second day from calibrating my Rift and I haven't see a single height change.
I had some little tilted view on my headset that probably was causing this issue and this tool fixed that perfectly.

AJBats
Protege

itakumre said:

Wow, I've tried everything : swapping USB ports, change sensor position and angle in any way it is possible, install/uninstall USB drivers, change power management on Windows...

And the thing that definitely fixed this height glitching on my headset was IMUCalibration tool. This is the second day from calibrating my Rift and I haven't see a single height change.
I had some little tilted view on my headset that probably was causing this issue and this tool fixed that perfectly.

Where do you get this calibration tool?

itakumre
Explorer
Theoretically You should ask support to send it to You.
There is also link to it from a Google cache of the Oculus Support page.
And there is another source here : 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/44368/is-your-rifts-view-tilted-slanted-heres-how-you...
Before You try to run calibration process make sure You also have this tilted view plane in headset.
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/448695/#Comment_448695

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer

loregnum said:

Checked out I expect You To Die for the first time today and sure enough, had this issue. Haven't seen the issue in any of games I have currently played. 

This is the first game I noticed it in too! Very annoying. Made sure not to finish the game till this issue is gone.