cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does your touch controller "clack"?

elboffor
Consultant
Working on  the assumption that only people with problems make their vices heard, I thought I'd conduct a poll to see what the extent of this issue is.

Please take a moment to to record you touches condition below, feel free to post when to his started.

By "clacking" I'm referring to the sound of the trigger hitting plastic instead of the dampener that was their when it was new.

For the record mine both started "clacking" after 4 days of light use.
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.
10 REPLIES 10

Applecorp
Rising Star
So far just affecting my right controller......so far. Very loud compared to the almost silent left trigger.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
No clacking or other noises over here. Hmm, although this one time I played Dead & Buried without underwear, and I think I heard clanging :#

EliteSPA
Superstar
Good threat, Im curious to see how many have the same issue, maybe we are the only unlucky people  😄

Edit: sorry mines is the right one...oops
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

Stryker1000
Heroic Explorer
not noticed TBH ...too busy playing with myself to notice ?

jayhawk
Superstar
both mine do it now, but you're crazy if you think I'm going to try and RMA them

elboffor
Consultant

Zenbane said:

No clacking or other noises over here. Hmm, although this one time I played Dead & Buried without underwear, and I think I heard clanging :#

Are you sure that wasn't someone walking in and fainting?

Not sure how i'd react if I walked into a room and saw a burly blindfolded texun displaying his junk

elboffor
Consultant
50/50 chance if me getting a good pair after RMA by the looks of it.
I like those odds

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer
Well my right controller trigger is clacking now..  clearly this is a common issue

OpticKing
Expert Trustee
I've managed to be lucky somehow and both are mine are still dampened properly even after weeks of heavy daily use. *knocks on wood* I'll throw an update if this changes.