cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onwarrd proves locomotion is okay!

Arock387
Heroic Explorer
So there is a military sim where you use the analog on the touch to move.   No teleportation necessary.  And yah you feel a little weird at first but it goes away rather quickly especially when bullets start flying and your mind begins worrying about other things.  Other devs need to check this game out and learn a bit from it so we can finally move away form the teleportation stuff. 
50 REPLIES 50

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star
Teleportation is here to stay. There is nothing to learn, people still get sick playing it, and I'm not taking any chances.

EliteSPA
Superstar
True, locomotion is the way to go, same goes for Serious Sam.
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

danknugz
Superstar

makes no sense

Arock387 said:
So there is a military sim where you use the analog on the touch to move.   No teleportation necessary.  And yah you feel a little weird at first but it goes away rather quickly especially when bullets start flying and your mind begins worrying about other things.  Other devs need to check this game out and learn a bit from it so we can finally move away form the teleportation stuff. 
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

Greenfire32
Heroic Explorer
i have to run in place when i move in Onward or I get crazy crazy sick.

StreetPreacher
Adventurer

i have to run in place when i move in Onward or I get crazy crazy sick.

Just try to pretend that you're riding on a hoverboard, works for me! 😉

Arock387
Heroic Explorer
I feel like onwards acceleration is just right where you don't quite feel that though. It's not too fast and it doesn't start too fast either 

maxpare79
Trustee
People get sick because they don't want to work on it...I used to get sick on my DK2, did short sessions here and there, and now, nothing, absolutely nothing makes me sick. If people avoid free locomotion because they think they wil get sick, well they will get sick for the rest of their lives...People have to get use to it. 
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

Arock387
Heroic Explorer
like learning to balance on a bike basically

DarkTenka
Trustee

maxpare79 said:

People get sick because they don't want to work on it...I used to get sick on my DK2, did short sessions here and there, and now, nothing, absolutely nothing makes me sick. If people avoid free locomotion because they think they wil get sick, well they will get sick for the rest of their lives...People have to get use to it. 

Exactly! .. Everyone who still gets Sick are too lazy or scared to work on adapting. It's not that hard! You just have to have a solid understanding of your orientation. Just conciously think "which way am I facing right now", "which way am I turning right now?". Move your head/body in a way that you would if you were turning in that direction.