cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space Pirate Trainer - this is freaking amazing

Mellzor
Protege
So I was a bit sceptical about Space Pirate Trainer at first.
But with the xmas sales I got it.

I gotta say, holy smokes this game is **** awesome !

There is a shield ingame to reflect bullets, but you can also change it to a sabre / sword type of stick.
The sword can also deflect bullets back, or just slash through a bot.

Sword in left hand, Gun in right hand, and feel badass like Kirito deflecting entire streams of bullets back while doing some crazy matrix-michael jackson-fusion movements.

Oh man I'm in love.

The graphics are actually pretty amazing, especially the explosions.
And the soundtrack is brutal.
I find myself frantically waving around my 2 lightsabers like glow sticks in between the waves going completely mental rofl 😄

You have a regular mode where the bullets will enter slow motion as they come close to you, and the hardcore mode where everything just goes full speed.

At some point I was deflecting bullets going only by the sound, the 3d sound is phenomenal, its so good that you can actually pinpoint the shots / shooters location.

So get in shape and master the sword at the same time.

GET TO IT !
63 REPLIES 63

mavruss
Explorer
+1 For the SAO clip

weasel47
Heroic Explorer
I'm surprised with all this talk about the swords, no one has mentioned that they're also lassoes. You can shoot out tractor beams and rope in the bots, then shoot them in the face, toss them out of the way, or smash them on the ground. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, I remember it being a big deal on the Vive six months ago, but at first glance it looked kind of dumb, finally got it in the bundle and played it for the first time just the other day and I am thoroughly impressed. Kinda of embarrassed that I am just playing it now. 😞

EliteSPA
Superstar
Try the Hardcore mode  😄
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

Mellzor
Protege
I know the swords are also lassos
but if I start to pull the bots I start flailing my arms around way too much.
Already hit my desk and wall many times because of the lasso  :s

There's no coop in the game as far as I can tell.
But it does have party mode, so you can rotate in n out

Amphetamine
Adventurer
You know that you can use the trigger on the sabres to fire an energy hook that grabs enemies and then smash them into the ground or other enemies right?

Applecorp
Rising Star
Just bought this, have to agree with the general opinion that this is a really good game, really polished and that alone counts for a lot with me.

This is something I know I will come back to again and again for short bursts and it's a good workout too, lol.

Absolutely worth a measly £7.99.

Wildt
Consultant
Just bought it as well - great fun.
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

Applecorp
Rising Star
Yup, it's just so well executed, everything feels finely tuned and responsive and has that "just one more go" hook to it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
So Fun, I am embarrassed to admit that I didn't play it sooner!