cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space Pirate Trainer - this is freaking amazing

Mellzor
Protege
So I was a bit sceptical about Space Pirate Trainer at first.
But with the xmas sales I got it.

I gotta say, holy smokes this game is **** awesome !

There is a shield ingame to reflect bullets, but you can also change it to a sabre / sword type of stick.
The sword can also deflect bullets back, or just slash through a bot.

Sword in left hand, Gun in right hand, and feel badass like Kirito deflecting entire streams of bullets back while doing some crazy matrix-michael jackson-fusion movements.

Oh man I'm in love.

The graphics are actually pretty amazing, especially the explosions.
And the soundtrack is brutal.
I find myself frantically waving around my 2 lightsabers like glow sticks in between the waves going completely mental rofl 😄

You have a regular mode where the bullets will enter slow motion as they come close to you, and the hardcore mode where everything just goes full speed.

At some point I was deflecting bullets going only by the sound, the 3d sound is phenomenal, its so good that you can actually pinpoint the shots / shooters location.

So get in shape and master the sword at the same time.

GET TO IT !
63 REPLIES 63

OpticKing
Expert Trustee
Is a fun game, nice polish. Kinda wish there were more weapon options though, and something like a ff limit break where you become immune to damage (or heal previous damage) and blast off a mega attack would be great. Does make you feel like a badass, but does anyone else think they have made the waves progress a little too quickly? It feels like it goes from childs play where you can keep each one from charging an attack, instantly into a huge wave where you either have to keep a constant ear out to dodge, or hide behind the shield limiting yourself to one gun, that simply cannot keep up with the number of baddies. Once you're behind the shield it's slow going, as too many enemies for a single gun (even with eyeshots). Don't get me wrong, it is a fun game, I just really feel like there's so much more they could have done, combat wise.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, they should introduce some bosses along the way, it is defo progressing too fast.

Man I LOVE the music in this game! This one is a killer, keeps the blood pumping!

https://soundcloud.com/j-marvel/james-marvel-ft-mc-mota-way-of-the-warrior

Applecorp
Rising Star

OpticKing said:

Does make you feel like a badass, but does anyone else think they should have made the waves progress a little too quickly? It feels like it goes from childs play where you can keep each one from charging an attack, instantly into a huge wave where you either have to keep a constant ear out to dodge, or hide behind the shield limiting yourself you one gun,

It is a great game but I have to agree, the difficulty does escalate very quickly, I can't begin to comprehend how people got such high scores on the leaderboard.

OpticKing
Expert Trustee

Applecorp said:

OpticKing said:

Does make you feel like a badass, but does anyone else think they should have made the waves progress a little too quickly? It feels like it goes from childs play where you can keep each one from charging an attack, instantly into a huge wave where you either have to keep a constant ear out to dodge, or hide behind the shield limiting yourself you one gun,

It is a great game but I have to agree, the difficulty does escalate very quickly, I can't begin to comprehend how people got such high scores on the leaderboard.

I'm tempted to think some of them may have cheated, in a way only vr can cheat. I mean you can probably reset the camera so you're underground. I imagine it'd be easier if you were just a set of eyeballs and pistols for them to aim at, and a shield would just about be god mode. Though we may simply have some extremely athletic players who also study tai chi (or use drugs xD), and are basically neo in these things. I feel my top 500 scores are pretty solid though, so can't complain.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Finally tried this game today. Good fun, and I'll definitely spend more time with it. How do I get a sword? Is it something I have to unlock through progression, or am I missing something obvious?  I didn't see it as one of the weapon type options. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

OpticKing
Expert Trustee

nalex66 said:

Finally tried this game today. Good fun, and I'll definitely spend more time with it. How do I get a sword? Is it something I have to unlock through progression, or am I missing something obvious?  I didn't see it as one of the weapon type options. 

The tutorial would've showed ya. :wink: The sword is actually your shield in offense form, use the thumbstick right to change it to a sword, reverse that for a shield. The sword can block shots like the shield, but has much less surface area, so blocking must be much more precise. Trade off is the sword can also be used a whip to smash baddies on the ground or into other baddies (harder to do unless there's a big swarm). What I find the best for me is to start a (big) wave with grenade launchers to knock them all silly and damage em up nice with radius damage, then before they can fire; shield up left hand and quark gun right one (for sheer accuracy) or flak cannon the rest away.

Greyman
Superstar
Reach over your shoulder.  The gun will change to a sword/shield and vice versa

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Ah okay, cool. I did the tutorials, and I've been using the shield, but I didn't realize it had options/modes. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

OpticKing
Expert Trustee

nalex66 said:

Ah okay, cool. I did the tutorials, and I've been using the shield, but I didn't realize it had options/modes. 

Ah, I had thought they covered that in it, I could easily be wrong and just experimented to find it out myself lol.

jayhawk
Superstar
just picked this up. My only issue with it is it's difficulty level increases too fast. They need to slow the progression. Think I got to level 16 before losing but it was in like 5 min.