cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P3nT's sketchbook

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Figured I'm hardly qualified for the "First Sculpts" thread any more and, tbh, I kinda like that being for first sculpts so I figured I might as well make my own sketchbook vanity thread like they seem to do everywhere else that 3d modelling and forums collide.

I'll post my crap in here. You guys can look at it and chuckle and hopefully start your own thread so's I don't feel like I'm the only attention whore in the place!

as4uv65urvj7.jpg

o0vb8h3zl0we.jpg

uvpzyuic3ltu.jpg

oam6w68jl539.jpg

835 REPLIES 835

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Trying to give the swirl tool some love. To be honest it feels kinda gimmicky and uses up a valuable slot on the quick menu. That said I shot for one of my favourite surf waves - Pipeline in Hawaii. Swirl tool performs, pretty much as advertised. If I can think of something to do with it, no doubt it's the dog's whassits but I can see those moments being few and far between. I'm sure I could have done a way better job on this with just the clay tool and my bare hands anyway. 

kvhte7u0073m.jpghj1jfuhbjilc.jpgg9uzdvtwdyhi.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Spent an hour or so mucking about wi the smudge tool. Finding a lot of uses. There's a sweet spot in size versus resolution where it gets very, very snake hook. Only problem is I can drag into the mesh, only pull out. Need to switch to deflate for that. 

I'm loving my newfound weapon, tho. For shaping muscles it's nice and clean compared to clay. Good for lines and a hint of striations, tho.

e0a96cep71ir.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Sea Monkeys

So I was like seven or something and this is what I was expecting to come in the post

qh0ge794q9s0.jpg

Colour gif was a mess with the glowy bits so the lathe is greyscaled

cro5oi74l70v.gif 

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Plodding on with my Gollum sculpt.

zw0n9n1tr4wg.jpg

Had a muck about with him in Cycles and actually managed to get somewhere for once. Very simple node setup and it's still the old remesh with the dodgy mouth but what a difference subsurf makes!

p80ls47g5hs9.jpg

Download here

XlordB
Adventurer
The eyes ned to be bigger for gollum
and jaw and face thinner.. 😉 looks awesome though

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
@XlordB Cheers for feedback. I sussed out the eyes were too small tonight in Blender. I've tweaked them a bit and moved them forward, out the sockets, too. Whaddya think? bigger still?

Tonight I resymmetrised in Medium, which created a whole bunch of jaggy artifacts that seem to be a result of some of the math that's being crunched during the weld process. Didn't realise quite how bad it looked until I got it into blender. So I jumped into sculpt mode to give it a quick dust down with the smooth tool. QUICK?? Jesus, I don't remember this taking an eternity before. Two weeks using nothing but Medium and already I don't want to have to sculpt in flatscreen ever again.

yy6u1f10omqb.jpg

XlordB
Adventurer
yeh looks better 😉

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
So I had a goblin head I did in blender a while back and decided to see what happened if I imported it as a stamp. Worked out okay. All the detail was gone so I sculpted it back in and then did the paintjob. Can't see this being a regular workflow, right enough. More likelyto be going out of Medium into Blender.

Blender Original
b3q6iyzo5aib.jpg

Medium rework.
blgfl9be5auk.jpg

icdltrcbrdd9.gif 

XlordB
Adventurer
gb1v8lt6fs9q.png

What you think of this.. I know its not as detailed as yours but I have to be honest the symmetry tool makes a fun way to create these things I think all thats missing from medium is the ability to add a light source to the emissive objects and maybe the ability to pick a background? like instead of just seeing a photo actually being able to use a large photo as a backdrop so we can create objects within the backgrounds. That way we could like take a picture of a field or of a forest and just add objects n things.. or even be able to change the skybox to a space one or time of day change?