"Your Guardian System Isn't Working Right Now" Every time I start Oculus Home. &Tracking Issues — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

"Your Guardian System Isn't Working Right Now" Every time I start Oculus Home. &Tracking Issues

KevinLongtimeKevinLongtime Posts: 283
Nexus 6
edited December 2016 in Support
I've been noticing this message almost every single time I start Oculus Home "Your Guardian System Isn't Working Right Now, Click here to check our support article" and it's getting really annoying. I don't know if it's because my touch controllers arn't visible when I first start Oculus Home (keep them in the original box for storage on my desk).

I usually have to click "ok and proceed without guardian". Then sometimes the guardian system works fine after anyways or works after a quick oculus home restart. I also have the height glitching up and down tracking issues depending on the game and my Oculus Touch controllers also seem to jitter around a lot when I turn and face different sensors. Maybe the issues are all connected... I have no idea. I also seem to keep hearing the sound of a device disconnecting from windows 10 lately (maybe every few hours)...possibly a sensor?

Really bummed out I haven't had the desire to play anything VR for a full week because the launch is full of soo many tracking and sensor issues...I try to jump into a game and just get sooo disappointed by tracking that I quit.

Comments

• KevinLongtimeKevinLongtime Posts: 283
    Nexus 6
    Am I alone on this one?? No one else having this?
  • AdmiralSlothAdmiralSloth Posts: 38
    Brain Burst

I am experiencing the same issue as you stated. Although I am not getting the height and tracking glitches. Everytime oculus home boots up I get the guardian not working, then I hit clear all. Seems to work after that though. If I let it sit after that I do get usb disconnects and reconnects a lot. Started maybe 1-2 weeks ago.

i7 3770k

Asus z77

GTX 980 SLI

16 GB RAM

WIN 10 PRO

• WildtWildt Posts: 1,796 Valuable Player
    Judging by the forums and reddit it's seems a very common issue. I suffer the same.
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • g3kkoristg3kkorist Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Had the same problem and solve it with Reorientation of the sensors. After many tries the guardian system works Perfect
  • podkillzpodkillz Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    When my sensors are right side up I get the height/elevation changes almost consistently when moving around, even in oculus home. When they're mounted upside down my entire play space jumps around like 4 feet. $1000 for a currently useless  piece of hardware, I hope a software update can fix this soon.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,677 Valuable Player
    Very recently (in the past week or so), I have noticed that my Right hand tracking goes a bit crazy. It happens with Dead & Buried and Super Hot. I can often go hours without any issues, but once it starts I have to reboot my PC to make it go away.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    See the Microsoft Windows updates linked to in this comment:
    https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/476824/#Comment_476824
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,677 Valuable Player
    Thanks cyber. I missed that thread. I will give it a shot and report back on the issue.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    Actually, that link was for the OP regarding the Guardian error. We still are investigating tracking problems.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • sableRaphsableRaph Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited June 2017
    I have the same problem. Even after installing the patches mentioned in the thread linked by Cybereality and restarting the PC. Nothing fixes it.

This is made even worse by the fact the edge of my play area looks like that...

Try going into Settings -> Devices. Forgetting your sensors. Then click Configure Rift and do Full Setup.
  • LtColAlvaradoLtColAlvarado Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I ran into this same issue when trying to use a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter that apparently was not meant to work with the Rift. After switching to the dedicated HDMI port on my 980 Ti, this error disappeared without any need of forgetting my sensors or re-doing the setup. Just sharing my solution!