cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space Pirate Trainer - this is freaking amazing

Mellzor
Protege
So I was a bit sceptical about Space Pirate Trainer at first.
But with the xmas sales I got it.

I gotta say, holy smokes this game is **** awesome !

There is a shield ingame to reflect bullets, but you can also change it to a sabre / sword type of stick.
The sword can also deflect bullets back, or just slash through a bot.

Sword in left hand, Gun in right hand, and feel badass like Kirito deflecting entire streams of bullets back while doing some crazy matrix-michael jackson-fusion movements.

Oh man I'm in love.

The graphics are actually pretty amazing, especially the explosions.
And the soundtrack is brutal.
I find myself frantically waving around my 2 lightsabers like glow sticks in between the waves going completely mental rofl 😄

You have a regular mode where the bullets will enter slow motion as they come close to you, and the hardcore mode where everything just goes full speed.

At some point I was deflecting bullets going only by the sound, the 3d sound is phenomenal, its so good that you can actually pinpoint the shots / shooters location.

So get in shape and master the sword at the same time.

GET TO IT !
63 REPLIES 63

Applecorp
Rising Star

OpticKing said:

nalex66 said:

Ah okay, cool. I did the tutorials, and I've been using the shield, but I didn't realize it had options/modes. 

Ah, I had thought they covered that in it, I could easily be wrong and just experimented to find it out myself lol.

I didn't see it in the tutorial either, but now I know thanks to this thread.

loregnum
Adventurer
Great game and my favourite touch controller game so far. 

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Picked this up as well as brookhaven experiment. Just need time to try now
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

YoLolo69
Trustee
I knew those kind of games are not my cup of tea, having Elite Dangerous Asseto Corsa, Medium and Aerofly FS2 as my main hobbies, and because man, I'm 50 yo, that's for younger. Why I should spend money on this stuffs thinking I will just do the Tutorial and will let the younger members of my family play with it?

But I bought it, and spent more than an hour to have fun, to dodge, lean, fight, up, and down. I know my bones and muscles will remind me this session tomorrow. Oh men, that was good!, I feel younger! 😉 This is Galaxian the arcade machine I was playing on previous century, but extended edition in VR stereoscopic 3D Immersion . This is the game I can go for short play with Touch when didn't have enough time, or spend a whole evening in it. This is a really clean and polished game, nice music, simple but effective game mechanics, bringing intense moment and lot of self satisfaction. Even if you don't go further than the previous attempts you always had great moment where you did something classy and are proud of yourself.
I definitively need more space for my play area, "horizontally". 2mx2m is not enough to feel free to move and avoid enemy fire. I think high scores may be more easily reachable if you're able to move more left/right to avoid enemy fires. I'm lucky as I can move my system in another room to have more space (2,5m x 2,5m minimum, and more). With current play area I can't really extend my arm left and right at the same time as it remain something like 5cm each side. I was lucky to not explode Touch controllers on side walls (Thank you Guardian!). I need space to better appreciate Dead and Burried, and Ripcoil too (and Robo Call when it will be there).

No, no, no I didn't bought SuperHot (yet?)

Thanks for all who posted here, I'm happy I jumped in it 🙂

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

robdood
Explorer
I'm loving it but the aim on the guns feels way wrong, especially after coming from Superhot / Bullet Train. 

Applecorp
Rising Star
Have you tried adjusting the setting in options that alters your angle of fire? Surely that would help?

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer
do you need much space? I mean I have a fan above
But is it a cool brainless game with some strategy

any upgrades and stuff?
yeh, it looks fun

Wildt
Consultant

molokow said:

do you need much space? I mean I have a fan above
But is it a cool brainless game with some strategy

any upgrades and stuff?
yeh, it looks fun

If you wanna get top scores you need a lot of space, and a decent ceiling height is definitely recommendable.
The next question is an oxymoron - but yeah, you need strategy if you want decent scores.
No upgrades (yet?)
It's indeed very fun and addictive if you like a score oriented game.
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Only had my Rift 3 weeks and I'm loving this game too! It's awesome and lots of fun and replayability.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Thanks for reminding me - I forgot I had it. Don't worry, Yololo69 - I'm 52 and enjoyed it, though I only have just over 1m x 1m to play in. Probably a part of why I don't get very far up the levels (and my very stiff joints, to be fair).

I t does seem to get more difficult too quickly, as others have said here. I just consider it as something for the kiddies that us (Grand-)parents can have a quick go at, while they are not around 🙂

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2