cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended Inateck Card Bandwidth Issue

Velmwend
Sightseer
I have the recommended Inateck PCI-E USB 3.0 card and it seems to only support 2 out of 3 USB 3.0 devices before giving me a notification that it is out of bandwidth. Is it normal to have to plug either the headset or one of my 2 sensors into a usb 2.0 slot for Oculus Touch? I've also tried both the Windows 10 built in drivers as well as the Inateck USB 3.0 controller drivers. Neither seems to fix it. I have also tired an Active USB 3.0 Hub from Anker so it doesn't seem to be a power related issue. 

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks,
Velm
12 REPLIES 12

Wildt
Consultant
I *THINK* Oculus recommended putting the 3rd sensor in a USB2 port - most probably bandwidth/power shortage on the same USB3 controller.
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

elboffor
Consultant
It could be due to the port you have put the card into, have you put it into a pci-e 1 or higher?

I use 2 usb 3 and a usb 2 in my inateck card with no issues
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Bigtime88
Protege

I now have a second Inatek card, with the Rift plugged into one, and 2 sensors plugged into the other. All my other devices (mouse, keyboard, Xbox wireless dongle, etc.) are plugged into the motherboard USB2 ports.

My Rift, 2 * sensors, and touch controllers are working rock solid with no problems

Fadeeaway
Protege

elboffor said:

It could be due to the port you have put the card into, have you put it into a pci-e 1 or higher?

I use 2 usb 3 and a usb 2 in my inateck card with no issues

You are in luck, I loose rift audio if I run 2 sensors + hmd on that card with fresco drivers. If I use win10 internal drivers I can run all 3 devices on the card. But it seems to be some bandwith problems with it, since a lot of ppl started to get troubles with it when the touch came out.

Velmwend
Sightseer
Thanks for the feedback, glad it's not just me. I lose audio and get a bandwidth error as well if I run 2 sensors + the HMD on the Inateck Card. Is it better to run both sensors on USB 3.0 and HMD on USB 2.0 or 1 Sensor and HMD on 3.0 and 1 sensor on 2.0?

MrWonderstuff
Honored Guest
I don't get any error messages as such but when I have 2 sensors and the HMD on the Inatek the HMD starts off as USB 2.0 when I boot the machine - I disconnect it and reconnect and it reverts to 3.0. Not sure what the problem is.

Velmwend
Sightseer
the slot that I have the Inateck card in is also a pci-e x1 slot.

elboffor
Consultant
Well it may be the slot then, my card is in my second pci-e x16

As for using the fresco drivers, they are better driversoon as long as you have sorted the power management correctly.
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Velmwend
Sightseer
I think I can try freeing up at pci-e x16 slot and give that a try. Thanks for the advice! I'll report back after I try that tonight.