cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to SteamVR

WOLVERINES96
Protege
I can run Oculus fine with the exception of Dirt Rally, Project Cars, the Climb and Blaze Rush. But that is not this post.  I cannot get Oculus to connect with Steam.  I have followed the "4 simple steps" but cannot get through step 4.  When I click on SteamVR icon in the top right of Steam a box comes up stating "Hmmm that shouldn't have happened.  A key component of SteamVR isn't working properly.  All of the components in the lower box are "not ready."  When I right click  and try the room setup it says "Could not start openvr.tool.steamvr_room_setup. Application interface not available."

What am I doing wrong????

Thanks
26 REPLIES 26

SuperTuck
Expert Protege
appdata is a hidden folder. did you enable show hidden folders, then manually brows the path starting at your C drive. Don't use the command prompt.

WOLVERINES96
Protege
ok I found the openpathsvr.vrpath folder.  I should delete this?

Starion156
Honored Guest
It may seem like a silly question but do you have oculus software running when you are trying to setup steamvr?  I am sure I had the same problem but fixed it by running oculus first and then clicking on steam vr until that point steam was not seeing the rift.  There is a bug with Dirt Rally which means it does not show up in the VR section but if I run oculus first then when the game loads on steam it asks you to put the rift on.

SuperTuck
Expert Protege
yeah you would delete openpathsvr.vrpath and then reboot steam and set it up

WOLVERINES96
Protege
ok will do.
yes I had oculus open first.  
will delete and reboot

WOLVERINES96
Protege
just deleted and rebooted.  same problems persist. tried to load blaze rush and it will not load in the headset but is on display and when I move my head it moves on the screen.

steam show same thing, nothing connected.  when I go into the developer tab it has a tab to reboot  VIVe.  can I set this to rift?

I just had to download a Source SDK update. for Steam, but it did nothing.

DO I NEED TO BUY STEAM CONTROLLERS FIRST TO INITIALIZE THE SETUP???

WOLVERINES96
Protege
also all of my games I bought through the oculus store

Tezree
Honored Guest
I have same issue, still no joy. all the above steps tried apart from the system wipe... Im also using an alienware computer which may be the common factor here. Did you get yours working?

WOLVERINES96
Protege
Nope. also Tezree do you only have 1 HDMI port?  I have the monitor running through a HDMI-USB conversion adapter.

WOLVERINES96
Protege
Get a "display port- HDMI" adapter. Get everything going through the graphics card.  Everything loads and works great now.  Wish someone would have told me that weeks ago.