cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steam VR, Raw Data and Doom 3 artwork and Launchers for Oculus Home

elboffor
Consultant
Hi all,
I had a play with these and got them working nice.
I made the images myself (mostly) based on stock from the internet and good ol'photoshop, doom is tested with samsons mod, not tried the other yet.
hope you all like it
🙂
247edmt8cd7d.png

18li0zp6tjuf.png

5v1vweozas9y.png
How to install?
You have 2 options;
The preferred is Method 1 which will show in-game icons when you pause game for home etc and run the executable directly, for this to work your steam must be installed to C:\program files(x86)\steam
Method 2 will be launched via steam regardless of install location (as long as it's on your steam list)

Method 1 (best experience)
  1.     Download and install "Discovery VR" , "Abe VR" and "DISCOVR WA"
  2.     Extract the Oculus folder from D3-RD-SVR-OH-M1.zip and paste it in your program files folder (or the parent folder of where you have your Oculus Home installed)
  3.     When prompted to overwrite select yes to all

Method 2 (fail safe - should work for most users)
  1. Download and install "Discovery VR" , "Abe VR" and "DISCOVR WA"
  2. Extract the Oculus folder from https://us.v-cdn.net/6024342/uploads/editor/fk/l6zzxt3zc7uh.zip D3-RD-SVR-OH-M2.zip and paste it in your program files folder (or the parent folder of where you have your Oculus Home installed)
  3. When prompted to overwrite select yes to all

(Doom specific)
  • Delete or rename Doom3BFG.exe
  • Rename the Doom3BFGVR_FP_OculusNativeAlpha015.exe to Doom3BFG.exe

You can launch them both from within Oculus Home

7dyit51irxja.png
6mnqsuht6c4b.png
Bugs,
I noticed samsons mod doesn't like to close properly, so you will have to kill the process when your done (much like IEYTD does for me)
You need to press the select button on the left controller when you launch steam VR to bring up big screen.

This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.
20 REPLIES 20

Luciferous
Consultant
Thanks for the effort, I will give that a try.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fantastic, thanks for this!

SeargentMofo
Explorer
Works fine, thank you!

elboffor
Consultant
Updated to include Raw Data and also direct loading via the program executable (just makes everything run a bit nicer, and gives better imagery etc)

RABID
Expert Protege
i have steam on a different drive. what do i need to edit to correct doom 3?

elboffor
Consultant
you will need to use method 2 buddy, for some reason direct links to different drives doesn't seem to work (I had steam vr on a different drive too, and it just fails to load via method 1)

BrokenSymmetry
Heroic Explorer
I just tried method 2, but do not see these games in the oculus library. Might have to try again.

elboffor
Consultant
You have downloaded the free games first haven't you?

RABID
Expert Protege

elboffor said:

you will need to use method 2 buddy, for some reason direct links to different drives doesn't seem to work (I had steam vr on a different drive too, and it just fails to load via method 1)

that worked. thanks