cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hmd Tracking Stutters with more then one sensor

Gravity1368
Protege

I've been having a strange problem since i got my touches in, whenever im using more then one sensor my hmd tracking jumps when turning around with my back to the cameras.

I dont run into this when using just one sensor. I can turn around and the tracking is 100% solid, but the moment i plug sensor two back in the tracking jumps when i stop with my back to my sensors. This shouldnt be happening with the hmd I would understand if it was the controllers but the Rift has tracking lights on the back of it.

I've tried using every combination of usb ports and sensor placement, from up high on the ceiling to just on my desk still the problem remains. I even borrowed one of my buddies cameras to run the experimental setup, the irony is that the controllers track great with the three cams in roomscale but the hmd does not. Playing something like jobsim on steam I will turn around to grab something and the whole world shakes like someone is bumping my sensor.

I've spent the last two days trying everything I can think of but still nothing helps other then using just one sensor. The last thing I can think of trying is buying a usb card and see if that helps. Sorry for the wall of text but I've been beating my head against the wall trying to smooth out the hmd tracking just a little frustrated at this point.

151 REPLIES 151

nrosko
Superstar
Mine is an old z68 Gigabyte

beeli
Explorer
I've got a Z170 Asus mainboard, so not all are the same with this problem

Elmapuddy2
Honored Guest
Gigabyte z68ma checking in here. 
Also using the 5 port inateck card instead of the 4 port that was recommended. (so i've bought a 4 port that's on the way).

All 3 connected to first 3 ports of the 5 port. i also noticed standing further away helped slightly, but still get major jumps.

Super bad when playing the climb.

Dragonfrost
Protege
This is a massive bug and practically destroys immersion and 360 gaming I would love for an update soon that fixes this.

Specs are:

Maximus VIII Hero
GTX 980TI
Inateck 4-Port USB 3 Card

I have 2 Front Sensors plugged into the Inateck Card Running USB 3 and the Rift and the 3rd Sensor running USB 3 off the Maximus VIII Hero's USB 3's

I know USB 3 for all is not recommended due to bandwidth issues, but it is not the root of my problem as this problem still consists with the 3rd sensor on USB 2 no matter what port you plug it into.

There is also a bug that causes the Rift to randomly change between USB 2 and USB 3.

I will provide my log for you now

R0cksteddie
Protege
@Dragonfrost I had a look at your logs just out of interest and I could just as well be looking at one of my logs. There are of course a few differences but mainly all the same errors are showing.

I can't go 30 seconds without a movement glitch or height jump which means my rift now is more or less unusable!

Dragonfrost
Protege
I am not sure on what the errors mean, My sensors are calibrated and i have followed Oculus's recommended 3 Sensor setup down to the last detail.

I think whatever is causing this is a bug in the way sensors switch over tracking to different sensors.

I also noted that Activating the Touch Controllers aggrovates this bug, with the Touch Controllers off i might get small glitches when turning around however with both touch controllers activated it glitches in height and position.

Sorith
Explorer

This is a massive bug and practically destroys immersion and 360 gaming I would love for an update soon that fixes this.

Specs are:

Maximus VIII Hero
GTX 980TI
Inateck 4-Port USB 3 Card

I have 2 Front Sensors plugged into the Inateck Card Running USB 3 and the Rift and the 3rd Sensor running USB 3 off the Maximus VIII Hero's USB 3's

I know USB 3 for all is not recommended due to bandwidth issues, but it is not the root of my problem as this problem still consists with the 3rd sensor on USB 2 no matter what port you plug it into.

There is also a bug that causes the Rift to randomly change between USB 2 and USB 3.

I will provide my log for you now

Exact same system specs. I have the 4 port card as well.  Same issues has been plaguing me forever. Hoping for a fix. One thing that seemed to work for a bit was not having all the sensors at the same height level but besides that pretty much has been a crap shoot. Whether it will work or not. 

Elmapuddy2
Honored Guest
well fk.. i bought the 4 port card..

Dragonfrost
Protege

quasio said:

well fk.. i bought the 4 port card..

I don't think the 4 port card is the problem, I had these problems before the 4-port card

Kianoni
Explorer
I've tried every usb port on my computer I have, and still get these jumps every time I turn around 180 degrees. Or just randomly, but most noticable when turning around. Not using Oculus that much, because of this annoying bug.