cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Challenge Time.

XlordB
Adventurer
Just for fun on this thread alone lets see who can create the most realistic spider in medium.. No cheating medium only. Try to make it as real as you can. Feel free to use any picture you like as long as it is as real as possible.. i.e Not cartoony. A suggestion would be to use a white ground square to allow a shadow to show the 3d effect of the spider.
20 REPLIES 20

XlordB
Adventurer
Could you send your model to me of that spider id like to give it some colour today. if thats ok :)? send it to xlordb@hotmail.com 😉 I can send it back after its done just wanna try practising my paint skills on it seeing as how its a really good basic non painted model for me to try . I might even give it sum hairs although im not sure yet my pc takes a big hit when i hair up an object lol.

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
No worries. Download here

Is actually painted a little bit. I just went with monochrome cos I'm a posing tosser and wanted to refer back to this as my Grisaille period.

XlordB
Adventurer
cheers will work on it some point soon may video it onto youtube for kicks 😉 will make sure to mention its your work 😉

adroz
Protege

XlordB said:

extra pics juou9wyruwnt.pngvctwslc9gwcr.png

How did you do the hair man?

XlordB
Adventurer

adroz said:

XlordB said:

Surface painting with a stamp. Takes a looooooooong time and taxes your system need plenty of memory.

adroz
Protege

XlordB said:

adroz said:

XlordB said:

Surface painting with a stamp. Takes a looooooooong time and taxes your system need plenty of memory.

owch....oh well looks sweet!

XlordB
Adventurer
Started work on pentagram's model coming along nice made afew "very small" alterations to eyes and fangs nothing major. Currently painting the colours and will work on the realism after that. Had to modify your logo just a little by adding some emissive colour since my paintwork and style would obscure it i think itl look fine when finished though 😉 Im not recording it this time though as I will need all my pc ounces of power lol

Anonymous
Not applicable
A peacock spider!
Inspired by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maratus_volans
The abdomen is a metallic layer, but the hair cover has a normal material painted the same way. I made custom stamps for hair and rigged the legs by having the segments as different layers (hair is useful to hide joints!). 
bxb77fs64ne5.jpg
rjj68z83jgwe.jpg

XlordB
Adventurer
Finsihed product thanks for the model pentagram 😉 note:- I forgot to switch the light source so it looks dark. I also forgot to save it after doing the orange hairs so this should do.. Ill post pic of just before orange hairs as you can then see some more front detail with a bit of light.
p0zxy0g431e4.png
0a4oc8wky7ob.gif

elboffor
Consultant
Here's mine. Took me three days with no breaks.
g5207oxlk38z.png
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.