New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

any way to import images

2»

Comments

• bananapunkbananapunk Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    anyone found this useful? do you prefer the circular reference layout or floating in space , semi dome like? 
  • johnboyjrjohnboyjr Posts: 62
    Hiro Protagonist
    anyone found this useful? do you prefer the circular reference layout or floating in space , semi dome like? 
    it works good for me
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,098
    Wintermute
    edited January 2017
    Ok, didn't work for me.

In TXT you said : "D:\program files\oculus\Software\oculus-oculus-medium-retail\assets\raw\textures\environment\references\references.dds"

My only directory which seems to match is : "D:\Oculus\Software\Software\oculus-oculus-medium-retail\assets\raw\textures\environment"

Inside I have currently only the "clouds" sub-directory and inside the "clouds_skybox.dds" picture.

I tried to create the "references" sub-directory at the same level than "clouds" and put the "references.dds" pictures in it, so I have now :

"D:\Oculus\Software\Software\oculus-oculus-medium-retail\assets\raw\textures\environment\references\references.dds"

with no result. So I missed something I guess ;)

Ooopps I missed other directories to copy, stay tuned, I'm fixing that ;)

It Work ! Thanks a bunch! :)

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 3770K OC 4.6GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

• P3nT4gR4mP3nT4gR4m Posts: 1,656 Valuable Player
    Dude! I'd only skimmed this thread, thot it was just another - edit the skybox.dds - thing. Just realised this is a whole mod. Brilliant - well played!
    NerveGear
    pentagram: thanks! 
    yolo: just unzip the file i attached in the assets directory wherever your oculus medium is installed. 
    out of interest, how much work is involved in making the reference planes bigger? Is it even possible or is the skybox size the limiting factor? Ideally I'd swap the nine little uns for two or three about double the size.
  • johnboyjrjohnboyjr Posts: 62
    Hiro Protagonist
    P3nT4gR4m said:
    out of interest, how much work is involved in making the reference planes bigger? Is it even possible or is the skybox size the limiting factor? Ideally I'd swap the nine little uns for two or three about double the size.
    You can make it take up the full sky box if u want
    NerveGear
    here you go, scaled up the reference planes. as a bonus attached a version of the dome using standard UVs, so you can plug in any HDRI map. 
    Dude, if you ever need a kidney hit me up!
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,160 Valuable Player
    here you go, scaled up the reference planes. as a bonus attached a version of the dome using standard UVs, so you can plug in any HDRI map. 
    Awesome, going to give this a try now.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    My Oculus Medium sketchbook thread, and my Oculus Medium Gallery
  • EffectsAnimatorEffectsAnimator Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    The skybox hack is awesome for now. :) Looking forward to the devs coming out with a legit feature but I am thrilled that someone hacked in a solution. Thanks so much.
  • EffectsAnimatorEffectsAnimator Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Oh I just noticed this new mod thing in the thread. Will try that out now.
  • zylickzylick Posts: 45 Oculus Start Member
    I love this, thank you for the option to at least see it while I'm sculpting it.
  • Wes1180Wes1180 Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    edited February 2017
    Was this broken in the latest update for anyone else?

I even tried reinstalling oculus medium and applying the mod to a fresh install
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,160 Valuable Player
    I noticed my ref images were gone, but I haven't tried redoing them yet. Doesn't work anymore?
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    My Oculus Medium sketchbook thread, and my Oculus Medium Gallery
    NerveGear
    Seems like medium auto updated, it erases the mod, but all you have to do is reinstall and it works
    NerveGear
    I tried to reinstall the mod though it isn't showing the reference planes, I just double checked and all the files are in the right places

Sorry, but do you have any suggestions on how to get this working again?

(already tried installing it on a fresh medium install)
  • romanguroromanguro Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    OK I found a way.... at least it's a way if you have Photoshop. Will put together a short set of instructions and example.
    Thanks a lot)
    I create an action for photoshop!
    Now it's so simple)
    http://www.guro.com.ua/temp/Oculus-medium-ref.zip
    1.Load action script in action window
    2.Put square image on top of skysphere and apply the action.

• romanguroromanguro Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Very well done!!! Thanks a lot!
    NerveGear
    I figured out why it wasn't working, if you go to "AppData\LocalLow\Oculus\Medium\" you'll see a cache folder

I assume it had cached the unmodified skydome, and that folder kept around even after I uninstalled the program.

So if it doesn't work after an update, delete that cache folder and then install the mod again, and it should work :smile:

• Foreign_TruthForeign_Truth Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Now that I've got all that working, how can I eyedrop a color from my image?
  • MaloficuMaloficu Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Any update on when we can get our hands on this ref image import feature? :smile:

• FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
    @Maloficu it's been in the latest update for a good few months now! :)
  • MaloficuMaloficu Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Thanks FrozenPea, couldn't see the forest for the trees :smile:

2»