cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is DK2 now completly not working anymore with the newest runtime?

bgzero
Honored Guest
Hey guys,

so i have been having issues with a not working DK2 tonight. yellow light were on, partial connectivity status in the oculus home settings as usual, but didnt start it up the way it should. also i couldnt start any games as it gave me an error message that i should check my hdm and sensor connection.
So after trying arround a bunch of things i uninstalled and reinstalled oculus home (and the drivers) and now comes the interesting part: It worked fine again, but then it said that it has to install an update. Hit that button, it installed a newer runtime and now its not working again reacting in exact the same way as befor.

so my question is quite obvious: has DK2 already completly stoped working after only one runtime update? i shure freaking hope not!
28 REPLIES 28

Khiu
Protege
Updates are apparently rolled out to users over a period of time, maybe yours hasnt been pushed yet.

master4382
Honored Guest
My DK2 works fine with the runtime 1.3.1. (Asus g750jh 780m)

frantic
Protege
Can anyone confirm if DK1 works on 1.3.1?
Update takes forever to arrive(my version is 1.3.0.198914) and I'm thinking about jumping back to 0.8 and SteamVR.

Forkster
Honored Guest
I have the ASMedia USB 3.0 ports which are not compatible with 1.3.1.  You know Oculus, ASUS ASMedia controllers are perhaps the most common for the worlds largest motherboard manufacturer for USB 3.0 ports. But none of that is my business.  😐

Melhadf
Protege
DK1s are dead to Oculus now.  1.3.1 also doesn't support it.  It's 0.8 and steamvr/Vive software only from now on... in other words time to save up for a new HMD and build a library of vive games in the meantime.... I wonder which device most DK1 users will choose.

TheOtherJohn
Honored Guest
I bought a DK2 second hand from a friend it worked perfectly i used it before buying. But the bloody thing has NEVER worked since i took it home, spent 10's of hours with Oculus support and have just given up. Saving up for a HTC since using one at PAXAus. Shame, all i wanted to do is play VR games and instead i just wasted my money.

elboffor
Consultant
Not a very good "friend" selling you a dev kit that's lacking in support
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

I bought a DK2 second hand from a friend it worked perfectly i used it before buying. But the bloody thing has NEVER worked since i took it home, spent 10's of hours with Oculus support and have just given up. Saving up for a HTC since using one at PAXAus. Shame, all i wanted to do is play VR games and instead i just wasted my money.

Sounds like some problem with your PC.  It should still work.  Hope it was cheap, or maybe you need better friends if he sold you a DK2 for a lot of money even though everyone knows it's likely to completely stop working any day now. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
There are still many DK2's in use and working with the current software although, it comes with the risk that it may stop working at any time and comes with limitations. Getting it to work on any particular system may certainly have it's challenges and your best bet to find support is to consult with other experienced DK-users in various game forums.