cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Get Logs For Bug Reports for Consumer Rift (1.3+)

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you are experiencing issues either installing or using the consumer Rift hardware or software package (1.3 or newer), then please be sure to provide the following logs when reporting the issue.

If your issue is with the setup installer, either having errors or not completing, do these steps.

Open a File Explorer window and paste this in the URL field:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\
Then look for "OculusSetup.log" and upload it to your post. Please do *not* just copy/paste the text into the post area, as this becomes difficult to read. This folder may be hidden. Make sure you go into the Folder Options and choose Show Hidden Files and Folders first.

If you are having any other sort of problem after the installation, do the following.

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
and upload the zip file to your post.

Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
202 REPLIES 202

zocky
Explorer
10 min play and HDMI disconnect error, System and drivers up to date.
????????????

NetRacer
Honored Guest
Help Help please

cybereality
Grand Champion
It looks like there is some issue saving to your C: drive. I'm not 100% sure why that would be the case. Do you know what the file system format is on your C: drive? Is it using RAID or something else fancy? I guess it could be anti-virus/security software related, but that is less likely.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

martinkyhl77
Honored Guest
Please help, it is unplayable like this. I´m lucky if i get 5 min of gaming, then i get Headset HDMI cable plug in error.

Jimvdl88
Sightseer
can't find c:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics

Jimvdl88
Sightseer
i got thiis steamvr log hmd  doesn't work sound only in oculus app ... says hmm this shouldn't have happened in steam vr mode 

how do i upload the file from the steamvr log ?

Jimvdl88
Sightseer
steam vr log

reddeath360
Expert Protege
here ya go let me know if you find anything

Jimvdl88
Sightseer
@reddeath360 WHERE DID U GET THAT LOG PLZ ?

reddeath360
Expert Protege

Jimvdl88 said:

@reddeath360 WHERE DID U GET THAT LOG PLZ ?

fallowed his instructions at the top of the page