cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any way to import images

danknugz
Superstar
any way to import images so we can use them for reference, like a naked person in an art class.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?
55 REPLIES 55

johnboyjr
Protege

This is one of if not our most requested features. We're working on this for an update soon! 

any time frame?

bananapunk
Explorer
Hey guys, till the medium team comes up with something more elegant, I made a temporary solution, props to daftNdirect for showing where to dig. The mod adds reference planes positioned in a circular manner around you, separate from the background. To change references you just need to edit 1 file, no need to warp anything etc. Attaching  a screengrab and file to download. Enjoy!
PS. to developers:
the absolute minimum wishlist:
-move tool
-control pressure sensitivity
-a modifier for positive/negative sculpting (the double click change ain't gonna cut it)9nrh4brlxpzo.jpg

bananapunk
Explorer
anyone found this useful? do you prefer the circular reference layout or floating in space , semi dome like? 

johnboyjr
Protege

anyone found this useful? do you prefer the circular reference layout or floating in space , semi dome like? 

it works good for me

YoLolo69
Trustee
Ok, didn't work for me.

In TXT you said : "D:\program files\oculus\Software\oculus-oculus-medium-retail\assets\raw\textures\environment\references\references.dds"

My only directory which seems to match is : "D:\Oculus\Software\Software\oculus-oculus-medium-retail\assets\raw\textures\environment"

Inside I have currently only the "clouds" sub-directory and inside the "clouds_skybox.dds" picture.

I tried to create the "references" sub-directory at the same level than "clouds" and put the "references.dds" pictures in it, so I have now :

"D:\Oculus\Software\Software\oculus-oculus-medium-retail\assets\raw\textures\environment\references\references.dds"

with no result. So I missed something I guess 😉

Ooopps I missed other directories to copy, stay tuned, I'm fixing that 😉

It Work ! Thanks a bunch! 🙂

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Dude! I'd only skimmed this thread, thot it was just another - edit the skybox.dds - thing. Just realised this is a whole mod. Brilliant - well played!

bananapunk
Explorer
pentagram: thanks! 
yolo: just unzip the file i attached in the assets directory wherever your oculus medium is installed. 

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
out of interest, how much work is involved in making the reference planes bigger? Is it even possible or is the skybox size the limiting factor? Ideally I'd swap the nine little uns for two or three about double the size.

johnboyjr
Protege

P3nT4gR4m said:

out of interest, how much work is involved in making the reference planes bigger? Is it even possible or is the skybox size the limiting factor? Ideally I'd swap the nine little uns for two or three about double the size.

You can make it take up the full sky box if u want

bananapunk
Explorer
here you go, scaled up the reference planes. as a bonus attached a version of the dome using standard UVs, so you can plug in any HDRI map.