cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Height glitching up and down

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
Today I've been noticing this weird thing where I'm sitting inside of "I expect you to die" and while im sitting in my chair I get this glitch every once in a while where my height glitches upwards and I have to reset my default orientation to get it back down to normal. After a little while it will do it again. 

Anyone else have this?
199 REPLIES 199

Jake762x51
Explorer

Sahusa said:

Hello community, excuse me for my english, I have this problem since the arrival of the touchs December 8, so it is 33 days that the problem is known by many people. It's a scandal! The launch of the rift was a disaster, launching the touchs a second disaster. To say that facebook injected 2 billion dollars ... I think to return my cv1 ... What a mess !!!

Sad!  😉

AndySledge
Explorer

metadane said:

I fixed it by returning to a 2 Sensor Setup, one of my Sensors are causing the Drift, in my case the front left one. Now I don't know if its a software or hardware issue, it worked since the 14th of December flawlessly and starting acting up since New Year.

UPDATE: Aight so I exchanged my front left and rear left sensor, now the Head glitch is fixed. So try to shift all your sensor around maybe that helps, I will also test it out for a few hours to see if its permantently fixed to see if it was not luck

@AndySledge how is this working for you? How did you originally determine which sensor (front left) was causing the drift?

Little Update, I still get the Jump sometimes, its very rare and it shift itself back to the proper position quickly, so its playable atm. Now to answer your question what I did was running a diagonal 2 sensor setup, then I just switched out the sensors so it would be like Sensor A + B , A + C and so on. Now I still believe its a Software Issue because my "drifting" sensor is brand new and it started acting like this after christmas, and no damage was ever done to that sensor, so I'll say Software

AndySledge
Explorer

Iceburn26 said:

I've been having the vertical tracking problem since December 30th. I got touch on 14th, and it worked perfectly until the day before new years eve.

It just happened to coincide with a new graphics card, so I've been troubleshooting since then 🙂

I've raised a ticket with Oculus about it, and am waiting for a response.

I have two computers that can use Oculus, and I have the same problem on both of them (This is with keeping the touch sensors in the same place), so it's definitely software related, wasn't sure if it was the oculus software or something windows has updated though.

I'll give the suggestions @AndySledge suggested a try and see how that goes. Funny thing is, I can do an oculus reset or reset the sensor tracking and the problem goes away for 20 - 60 mins and then returns.

Also, holding the touch hands in front of me in VR and turning them around whilst at the opposite ends of a 180 degree arc from the center of my play area seems to do the 'bounce/jump' effect nearly every time. 

Yep exactly my case too, had my 3rd Sensor setup since 15th, and this glitch came since the new year out of nowhere. Could oculus provide us with a rollback Driver/Software to test this out?

Epoxian
Explorer
The problem lies within the headset itself. I just tried the headset of a friend with the exact same setup/computer/USB ports and it worked flawlessly! LED brightness is exact same for both headset (I did not check the frequencies).

This is a big problem: I spent hours and days trying to fix this stupid glitch. I was about to wipe my complete system making backups and reinstall windows. Then maybe buying extra hardware for other USB Ports.

Please give us an update on what will happen next.
I heard there will be an update at the end of the month... but I really feel fooled again, two month without a fix?
Can I just run this: https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/44368/is-your-rifts-view-tilted-slanted-heres-how-you-fix-it
Will it the issue shown in this thread? Will it void warranty?

Sorry for sounding a bit impatient, but I bought the controllers, more than a month ago and every time I use them buggy like they are now I loose faith/trust in the Rift. I won't leave Steam for a while if things keep going like this.

will84
Expert Protege

I've shared the most recent log files with the engineering team and will look to get an update on this issue. 

when?

Zandil
Rising Star
Any update to this issue @cybereality, mate buddy Old pal ?

will84
Expert Protege
update please

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sorry, no update yet.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

will84
Expert Protege

Sorry, no update yet.

How about a refund then?

@cybereality I have put in a support ticket for a refund, can you possibly follow up, I am done with this.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Well, we are working on fixes. It's possible some things will be resolved in the next patch, so you may want to wait a little longer to see if that helps.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV