cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
190 REPLIES 190

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Forget 720p and the fact it's an old game I believe the real issue here to be excited is being able to play Skyrim mobile. Now that is something rather special and not to be scoffed at. 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
really? I know very little about switch but i did know about skyrim...  I fear a bleak future for the console... i hope it does well mind you, Ninty are going to have to nurture 3rd party support imo. lack of it really hurt the wii u, and has hampered other consoles as well imo (wii sold well but who used it regularly? i have no numbers but everyone i know had theirs gathering dust outside of family get togethers like xmas and once their new years resolution to "get fit using the wii fit" novelty wore off.

ubisoft were the big 3rd party to stick their flag in the sand with wiiu iirc, but that went south quickly.  Nintendo 1st party stuff is usually top drawer, but i am not convinced they release enough to make or break the console on its own.

splatoon is great tho, so sure number 2  will be good. Skyrim is a very good title, but my question is, how many people who are interested in skyrim have not already played it to death, and of those how many will buy it again ... esp assuming it is even close to full price (christ i have seen it for a 5er on PC, and that may have even been the GOTY version)

I wonder if people will buy it as a handheld with the bonus of plug in the telly support, vs who will buy it as a full blown console but with the bonus of a portable mode..... does the distinction even matter any more?
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

YoLolo69
Trustee
Zelda, Mario, I bought this officially for my 6 years old son and his sister 11 yo, but I always play them when they sleep 😉 And no, I see something wrong here: 720p is for the screen itself when used autonomously, when plugged to a TV/Monitor games are displayed at 1080p (AFAIK)

I kept an old TV as my son still play Nintendo 64 (and finished several games in it including Super-Mario 64 which I never finished myself), play the 3DS (in 2D mode, young eyes) and his near to finish his second Zelda (Ocarina of Times and now Link between worlds), and I want him to continue the Zelda story and discover this new Mario. He learned to read from those games as he really wanted to understand what's displayed in Zelda. I didn't bought the WII U, and the Switch fix a lot of problem WII U had, so definitively the Switch is a big yes for me and the whole family.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

cybereality
Grand Champion
For $299, what the hell, I'll get one. Even just for Zelda and Mario it would probably be worth it. Not really concerned about the tech specs, I already have a PS4 Pro and banging PC if I want to play high-end games. So this will just be a fun little addition on the side.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Zelda's going to be the main launch title, honestly can't see that many people buying 1-2-switch. Hoping Switch doesn't go the route of the Wii U, with a handful of quality 1st party games and a host Indie games.

Does look like the Switch is quicker & supports upto 1080p when docked

Did you note the subscription based Nintendo online service?! Looks like we'll get a few months free, then the sub will launch back end of the year. 

elboffor
Consultant

For $299, what the hell, I'll get one. Even just for Zelda and Mario it would probably be worth it. Not really concerned about the tech specs, I already have a PS4 Pro and banging PC if I want to play high-end games. So this will just be a fun little addition on the side.

You sir, have too much money
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

kevink808
Superstar

Forget 720p and the fact it's an old game I believe the real issue here to be excited is being able to play Skyrim mobile. Now that is something rather special and not to be scoffed at. 

You are right.  Clearly I was out of line. I apologize, sir!

/smacks self
Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.

AQfumes
Adventurer

I'm thinking about picking one up for the portable game play function. I haven't own a portable gaming system since the gameboy/game gear days.

I could never really get into the games offered with a tablet or mobile. I much prefer full games like Sonic or Mario.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
@kevink808 not sure if you are being sincere?

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

CrashFu
Consultant
Eventually! I skipped over the WiiU so I guess I'm due for another Nintendo console..

So far there's a few games I'm interested in, at least.. but I REALLY hope to see F-Zero make a comeback, or a new Animal Crossing (that isn't just a spinoff like Happy Home Designer or that board game).. or a Monster Hunter that isn't just a lazy port of one of the existing 3DS titles.

They release some of those and I'll definitely invest in one of these things.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.