New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Chronos stuck mini-boss pan

RisineRisine Posts: 3
NerveGear
Hello guys,
bought and enjoyed the game so far UNTIL this mini-boss pan with its 2 minions.
I'm able to get rid of the minions and get the boss to use its lightning power, but after that no matter how many times I hit him and how long I fight him, he DOES NOT WANT TO DIE. More than 20 minutes just for this part, this is insane. I have died so many times.
Is there something I'm doing wrong or can it be a bug? I'm using both weapon and magic. Or can it be killed only with some item?
Is there a way to see the boss life?

Comments

• CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,756 Valuable Player
    Was that the Satyr Priestess thing?  The one that likes to counter your attacks a lot, I think?  Hmm.. it's been a while since I played but I don't remember there being anything special needed to finish her off, just that it was hard to land hits in the first place..
    It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
  • brantlewbrantlew Posts: 540 Oculus Staff
    Yeah, she's tough.  I had better luck using the pike but it takes a lot of hits.
  • davidb01davidb01 Posts: 91
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited January 2017
    Took me ages to do her as well - my hint is, don't go head on with shield and sword/hammer etc - she basically just soaks up all that damage (no joke - I think one time I was fighting her for over an hour!). Secret is to use the pike/spear (as mentioned above) and roll around and get in behind her. Then she goes down quite quickly.
  • RisineRisine Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Ok guys,
    I finally succeeded, but with the spear. I was unable to kill it with the flail, not sure it's possible.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    I beat the game using only the sword. Can't remember this fight in particular.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,756 Valuable Player
    Risine said:
    Ok guys,
    I finally succeeded, but with the spear. I was unable to kill it with the flail, not sure it's possible.
    One of the few things I DO remember about that fight is that I was using the flail;  It was my weapon of choice for 90% of the game, loved the way it looked and the reach of the power-attack.  So, it was definitely possible to beat the pan priestess with it.

afaik, there wasn't a single enemy in the game that required a specific weapon to beat, or that was immune to any specific weapon. 
    It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
  • RisineRisine Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Ok, only one possibility left, I was just too bad at this. I mean I spent maybe 20 years in this fight, what kind of hero am I !!!
    Anyway, it was definitively easier with the spear.
  • Arock387Arock387 Posts: 729
    Trinity
    I cant remember which weapon I used through most of the game but it was a heavy hitter. I think It was a hammer.  pretty much till I got the last sword