cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vrcinema3D

swlu
Explorer
Hey all,

I just found this awesome new virtual movie theater demo. I'm not the developer, but he's already made the demo available on his site, though its all in Korean! I don't speak/read Korean, so I used Google translate to read the docs. Here's links to his site and demo:

Site:
http://uxground.com/

Demo:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6-3MLD_Wbqea1lNWTVDQ3dybUE/edit

From what I gather, the only way to play a file is if it's an .avi file called 'movie' placed in the same folder as the app. Obviously this is rather limiting, but hopefully he's working on a fix. Right-click brings up a menu where u can pick any seat in the theater, as well as choose to play 2D or 3D (SBS) content! Works really well, and the theater looks great. He's even got the light coming from the projector if u turn around. 360 controller moves u around, but doesn't seem to bring up the menu or ability to sit down.

Looks like he's also working on a (free!) horror game called "Nine Stones". Haven't seen either of these mentioned in these threads so I thought I'd share my findings. Enjoy!
329 REPLIES 329

edulinares
Honored Guest
Fantastic. VRCinema3D is a must have. Eagerly waiting for the new version 😄

Somebody
Honored Guest
Attetion everyone!!!

I dont want to sound like a party pooper :? , but I find this important to share.

Yesterday I came home, did some reading in our wonderful forums, and discovered this really great sounding
3d movie theather app. As you have.

I went ahead, download it, unziped it, and ran it. In middle of selecting my seat, (while oculating), my screen flashed and went black. Not just on my oculus vr but also my tv, which then was followed by no signal. I restarted my pc, after I went thru my list of things before I restart (msconfig/startup, etc.) pc came back on and gave me an error. insert start up disc or reboot. Basicly my start up was damaged. I know what you must be thinking. I turned something off in MSconfig start up. I actually didnt. Everything that I wanted unchecked was unchecked and vise versa.

so to get my pc up and running I went thru Bios setup. Selected a start up and came back on.

Now I was pissed thinking someone messed with my pc, especially since I have new games installed in last few days.

My screen, would stay on for about 5-10 min and go blank to no signal input. restart. same over and over. I ended up restoring my pc to about a month back. just to be on the safe side.

This problem seems to just not go away, as I just had my screen go black and no input while I am typing. FFFFF....

So I just wanna warn you all I think this file has caused DAMAGED to my pc.

If anyone else is having trouble with this please share, if you have a solution for me PLEASE SHARE. and I am sorry if its not this file or software that caused this, but all my sources and evidence points to it.

p.s. main reason why is because it hasnt done this before this app. You DECIDE

Nedo
Explorer
@Somebody

did u installaed a new Graphics Card Driver lately ? If yes, what version.
Order DK1 Mar 30, 2013 / Order DK2: Mar 19, 2014 / Order CV1: Jan 6, 2016 / Order HTC Vive Feb 29, 2016

Walky
Explorer
Honestly it seems like a hardware problem, with the VR Cinema 3D part being just a coincidence. These things happen, and when they do they can happen anytime, when running any application. Let's consider that no one else has reported such a problem with this software.

This reminds me when I was a kid and I put a floppy disk game of mine in a neighbor's computer and shortly after that the screen went black. My neighbor told me a few days later that his parents had prohibited inviting me because of this; sure, shortly after that they found out it was just that the monitor had died and I had nothing to do with this. :roll:

jkflipflop
Honored Guest
"Somebody" wrote:
Attetion everyone!!!

I dont want to sound like a party pooper :? , but I find this important to share.

Yesterday I came home, did some reading in our wonderful forums, and discovered this really great sounding

I went ahead, download it, unziped it, and ran it. In middle of selecting my seat, (while oculating), my screen flashed and went black. Not just on my oculus vr but also my tv, which then was followed by no signal. I restarted my pc, after I went thru my list of things before I restart (msconfig/startup, etc.) pc came back on and gave me an error. insert start up disc or reboot. Basicly my start up was damaged. I know what you must be thinking. I turned something off in MSconfig start up. I actually didnt. Everything that I wanted unchecked was unchecked and vise versa.

so to get my pc up and running I went thru Bios setup. Selected a start up and came back on.

Now I was pissed thinking someone messed with my pc, especially since I have new games installed in last few days.

My screen, would stay on for about 5-10 min and go blank to no signal input. restart. same over and over. I ended up restoring my pc to about a month back. just to be on the safe side.

This problem seems to just not go away, as I just had my screen go black and no input while I am typing. FFFFF....

If anyone else is having trouble with this please share, if you have a solution for me PLEASE SHARE. and I am sorry if its not this file or software that caused this, but all my sources and evidence points to it.

You have hardware or configuration issues in your rig. It has nothing to do with this software.

AdamsImmersive
Honored Guest
"DannySwish" wrote:
This looks great, but do you think making a Mac version would be possible? I have Windows 7 on a partition, but I'd rather avoid using it if possible. Windows is the bane to my existence. :?

Yes, a Mac version would be great; my Mac only has Windows XP at the moment :oops:

Or is there any other VR movie player for Mac?
Morgan Mac OS XUnity

drash
Heroic Explorer
"Walky" wrote:
This reminds me when I was a kid and I put a floppy disk game of mine in a neighbor's computer and shortly after that the screen went black. My neighbor told me a few days later that his parents had prohibited inviting me because of this; sure, shortly after that they found out it was just that the monitor had died and I had nothing to do with this. :roll:

That story would make a great addition to Aesop's Fables! 🙂
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com

LucidReality
Honored Guest
"Somebody" wrote:
Attetion everyone!!!

Sounds like a hardware problem, my good friend :?

Walky
Explorer
"drash" wrote:
"Walky" wrote:

That story would make a great addition to Aesop's Fables! 🙂

"The Grasshopper and Leisure Suit Larry" :lol:

LittleGuy
Honored Guest
v0.3 is out.

https://share.oculusvr.com/app/1377300026335dp071fw29

Update list
- Fixed the eye-sync issue.
- You can switch LR / RL, TB/ BT mode. Stereo buttons are toggle buttons now.
- VR Cinema now supports gamepad input (e.g. Xbox controller)
- You can go to any scene of the movie by clicking on the time bar.
- The theater more brighten
- Updated to Oculus SDK 0.2.3

Notice
- Current version of this program does not provide a function of browsing video files.

- You don't need to convert the video files to “avi” file format. Just change your movie file name. If you don't have any codec, I recommend installing K-Lite codec pack 32-bit version or CCCP codec pack (Don't install K-Lite 64-bit version. It will cause a problem)

- I used AVPro windows media unity plugin to play movies. This plugin can be activated only in Microsoft Windows (32bit and 64bit) ( http://www.renderheads.com/portfolio/UnityAVProWindowsMedia/)

- VR Cinema is allowed for all whom to use this program private purpose only.

- Please feel free to email me for any bugs, requests and so on. My email address is “anmolder@gmail.com”

- Current version of this app is beta version 0.3. (August 10. 2013)
Mike