cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nalex66's sketchbook

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Okay, so I figured I'd do as a few others have done and set up my own thread to show off some of my stuff instead of continuing in the "First sculpt" thread.

Here's my Medium gallery link. I'll try to update it soon with all my sculpts now that they've opened it up to international users.

I finally got around to adding flesh to my Terminator sculpt:
qphj277uijpx.png

And then I carved some away for that classic Terminator look:
mbmfdt2no82p.png

It's not a great Arnie, but I kind of got sick of it, and just wanted to get on with the carving. Having the ability to make layers transparent would have helped immensely for building the flesh layer over the robo-skeleton.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo
17 REPLIES 17

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Here's the original terminator sculpt before adding the flesh layer:
a8625jffobgh.png
5flor8nsls5b.pngz7c6fubq5dyj.gif

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Here's an earlier sculpt I did to try out making a caricatured human head (similar to the one I use for my forum avatar):
07102uhareuo.jpg
d9x84uto3icc.jpg 

nalex66
MVP
MVP
And here's my first sculpt, Mr. Skellington.
00wuzbxv7d3a.png
733kbafg3ulh.jpg
q8shu8o6f5b2.gif

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Flesh carving in Medium is so much fun!

Anonymous
Not applicable
That Terminator is so awesome! Great job!

vannagirl
Consultant
yes the terminator is soo good B)
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

nalex66
MVP
MVP

P3nT4gR4m said:

It is! I used various rock stamps for the carving, to get some nice gnarly edges--just kept changing the scale and orientation, and hacking out bits of flesh. Originally I thought I would sculpt the flesh in red clay and paint the skin colour on, so the cut-away areas would be red, but in the end it was easier to paint the wounded parts.

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant

nalex66 said:

P3nT4gR4m said:

It is! I used various rock stamps for the carving, to get some nice gnarly edges--just kept changing the scale and orientation, and hacking out bits of flesh. Originally I thought I would sculpt the flesh in red clay and paint the skin colour on, so the cut-away areas would be red, but in the end it was easier to paint the wounded parts.

I add a muscle layer then skin over the top. Seems to "gore-up" easier for me if I have the two as separate layers.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

P3nT4gR4m said:

nalex66 said:

P3nT4gR4m said:

I add a muscle layer then skin over the top. Seems to "gore-up" easier for me if I have the two as separate layers.

I guess one could quickly make an "under-skin" layer by duplicating the skin layer and then carefully deflating it to make the surface sit just below the skin. I certainly wouldn't want to manually model an additional thin layer over top of my flesh layer!