cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Height glitching up and down

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
Today I've been noticing this weird thing where I'm sitting inside of "I expect you to die" and while im sitting in my chair I get this glitch every once in a while where my height glitches upwards and I have to reset my default orientation to get it back down to normal. After a little while it will do it again. 

Anyone else have this?
199 REPLIES 199

YoLolo69
Trustee
IMHO they should stop to check for sensors moving in realtime, and do that only once when Oculus Home is started.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Iceburn26
Explorer

@jesseDeya Intel i5 6600k (OC to 4.5ghz), on an MSI Tomahawk board, with an EVGA 1080 FTW.

Also tried it with an i7 6700k (OC to 4.6ghz), on ASUS Maximus hero VIII and ASUS 1080 STRIX.

And the girlfriend has a 4670k with a Maximus hero VI, I put my 1080 in her machine. Same results on all of them.

Iceburn26
Explorer

I feel it's definitely something to do with the way the sensors hand over to each other, but since it's happening in my machine and not my friends (who has a 6700k on a Maximus board and GTX1080), I thought it was something to do with the firmware in the headset / cameras and not the software.

Can't be sure though, as I haven't checked his firmware and software versions against mine. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sorry about that. This is definitely a priority and we are taking all these reports seriously. In fact, we have a software patch releasing soon (probably later this month) that may resolve some of the issues. I'd recommend waiting a bit longer to see if the update helps with your case. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

YoLolo69
Trustee
As already suggested by some persons around here devs can contact some users having different problems related to sensors positioning, Touch tracking, etc. to be beta testers several days/weeks before release. I guess it's easy for them to only dispatch update to specific headset looking at serial number, and people will be happy to report back (as PM, nothing public). Instead of been frustrated, they could feel participating in resolution and really help devs to tests on the vast diversity of configuration we have around. I know this is not that easy to initiate as process as it can create extra works sorting all reports but Oculus may think about it for the future.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Callidus80
Protege

YoLolo69 said:

As already suggested by some persons around here devs can contact some users having different problems related to sensors positioning, Touch tracking, etc. to be beta testers several days/weeks before release. I guess it's easy for them to only dispatch update to specific headset looking at serial number, and people will be happy to report back (as PM, nothing public). Instead of been frustrated, they could feel participating in resolution and really help devs to tests on the vast diversity of configuration we have around. I know this is not that easy to initiate as process as it can create extra works sorting all reports but Oculus may think about it for the future.

What a great idea @YoLolo69  It would have saved my HMD, Controller and three sensors from being packed away, useless in the bottom of a drawer for the last 20 days. I received Touch on December 5th and went through 4 weeks of trouble shooting. Tried everything similar to @Iceburn26, even rebuilt my PC with different hardware, re-installs, Numerous BIOS configs and driver combinations, got pissed off and dumped it all in a drawer, utterly disappointed. Obviously a software issue and the fix just took to long, Suggesting its more likely the way the Oculus Runtime interfaces with some third party such as Unity.

metadane
Honored Guest

Zandil said:

metadane said:

Epxzz said:

The problem lies within the headset itself. I just tried the headset of a friend with the exact same setup/computer/USB ports and it worked flawlessly! LED brightness is exact same for both headset (I did not check the frequencies).

This is a big problem: I spent hours and days trying to fix this stupid glitch. I was about to wipe my complete system making backups and reinstall windows. Then maybe buying extra hardware for other USB Ports.

Please give us an update on what will happen next.
I heard there will be an update at the end of the month... but I really feel fooled again, two month without a fix?
Can I just run this: https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/44368/is-your-rifts-view-tilted-slanted-heres-how-you-fix-it
Will it the issue shown in this thread? Will it void warranty?

Sorry for sounding a bit impatient, but I bought the controllers, more than a month ago and every time I use them buggy like they are now I loose faith/trust in the Rift. I won't leave Steam for a while if things keep going like this.

A bit odd if this was the headset itself, as most of our error logs are showing sensor timeouts and "sensor moved" errors.

I thought so to, until this morning.  I have been working with Oculus support regarding this issue for a couple of weeks, this morning I got a email from support asking these points

A short video demonstrating the issue, if possible.
  • Your Rift serial number from the box (starts with 'WMVR' or 'WMPV').
  • Your Rift headset serial number (starts with 'WMHD')
  • Your full name.
  • Your shipping address.

• They would appear to be getting ready to possibly ship out another Rift to me ?
    If they do this will be me third CV1.

I also got asked for the headset information this week!

Sahusa
    Honored Guest
    Same or shame probleme since 8 december...PFFFFFF! It's very very very longgggggggggggggggggg... I hope an up date quickly !!!

Arock387
    Heroic Explorer
    Came to join in on the fray!.

Here to report that I received and set up my third sensor yesterday.  And the height jumping issues became quite a bit more frequent than with the rare 2 sensor setup.  Its playable but is annoying.  Hope they sort it out soon. 

KevinLongtime
    Heroic Explorer

Sorry about that. This is definitely a priority and we are taking all these reports seriously. In fact, we have a software patch releasing soon (probably later this month) that may resolve some of the issues. I'd recommend waiting a bit longer to see if the update helps with your case. Thanks.

Soo glad to hear at-least some sort of hope for a near future fix. I've been holding off everything VR for weeks.