cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an oculus stand / Where and how do you keep your Oculus Rift when it's not in use?

RogerFederer
Honored Guest
I wonder how you guys protect your Rift when they are not in use? I just lay the flat on the table but im worried about dust covering the lenses while the Rift ist just laying around...
61 REPLIES 61

agenttoff
Heroic Explorer
I've posted mine a few times, but here it is again. It's been perfect for me.

Someone on Reddit posted this today, which looks nice too, and it's pretty cheap, but it would have been better if it were tilted so the lenses face downwards. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Venom-Universal-Headset-Stand-Organiser/dp/B01LXO8JYL/
Don't see it available for the U.S. yet. 

zork2001
Heroic Explorer

Philsr32
Honored Guest

agenttoff said:

Someone on Reddit posted this today, which looks nice too, and it's pretty cheap, but it would have been better if it were tilted so the lenses face downwards. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Venom-Universal-Headset-Stand-Organiser/dp/B01LXO8JYL/

Care to share where you got this from I ca't find it anywhere. If you made it, i'm willing to pay a very pretty penny for it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have only had my Rift a week now, but I happened to have a soft cloth bag with drawstring on one end to cinch it ( came with a suitcase I have), which ended up being a perfect fit for my Rift. I leave the Rift plugged into the PC, and when done just slip it in the bag and cinch up the drawstring somewhat, keeps it well covered during the day. My PC is in my office in garage ( is climate controlled), but it is a little dusty out here so I like to keep it in that bag to hopefully keep the dust from accumulating on it over time.

flexy123
Superstar
Special case here since we have cats which can be a TOTAL PAIN IN THE ASS. As you might now, male cats have the habit to "spray" on anything...and nothing is worse than cat pee on electronics. (Take my word there, it's an absolute killer....not to speak of the hygiene aspect here. Cat pee already killed my older Plasma TV and keyboards).

Having pets also means I cannot just keep the one sensor on the table, they would constantly tip it over if not break it. (The second sensor is on a shelf to my right which fortunately isn't in an area where the cats go often)

The other issue is that constantly (aka every day) re-connecting sensors and/or the HDMI is absolutely not recommended. So I needed a storage solution where I can leave the stuff plugged in, yet have easy access.

The original boxes are too big, furthermore they are not "cat proof". I think this is essentially pressed card board.

What I did went to the dollar store and got a tupper-ware container thing with a lid, which is approximately shoe-box sized, a little higher tho. This container box fights PERFECTLY right in front of my computer, which sits to my side on a wall.

Since the lid closes flush and tightly (making it dust and cat proof) I cut a small opening on the side where the wires come out. This means I can put the stuff in while it stays connected to the PC.

The beauty of this container is that it is the perfect size, doesn't just hold the HMD and a sensor but also the Touch controllers. So when I "do VR", I just reach down, open the container, take the sensor out, put in on the desk and I am all-go.

As for cats, again, ALL my cables, Rift, sensors, monitors but also mice, keyboards, USB etc. are protected with Nylon "cable organizers" so they can't chew through the cables.

Warbloke
Superstar

flexy123 said:

The original boxes are too big, furthermore they are not "cat proof". I think this is essentially pressed card board.

Seems pretty cat proof to me. Might need an air hole or something, but there is no way the cat is getting out of that box easily while you play with the rift.

That was the idea behind such a big box right ?  Rift comes out... cat goes in ?

"You can't believe everything you read on the Internet " :- Abraham Lincoln 

Amphetamine
Adventurer
I put a hook on the wall when behind one of my displays when I redecorated the room.
0fa79ghoi59k.jpg

agenttoff
Heroic Explorer

Philsr32 said:

agenttoff said:

Care to share where you got this from I ca't find it anywhere. If you made it, i'm willing to pay a very pretty penny for it.

I did in fact make it.  Just sent you a PM. 

FlakMagnet
Adventurer
There's currently a VR stand in development on kickstarter : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1910388709/vrge-virtual-reality-hardware-charging-dock

It supports Vive, PlayStation VR as well as Oculus and can be desk or wall mounted. Am tempted to throw some money their way to make this happen!