cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elite Dangerous: Friends Lists, Favorite Loadouts, etc.

CrashFu
Consultant
Consider this the thread to invite fellow Elite Dangerous players to join your friendslists, on Oculus Home or Steam (to keep track of when people on either platform are playing), and of course within the game itself.

My screenname is the same on all three as it is here. You're all welcome to add me. :wink:

If I'm online and in the general vicinity of your system, I'll probably be willing to wing up if I'm not already working on specific plans.

Currently I'm running a Viper mk4, and I don't expect that to change any time soon. Really love that ship. I never install a shield on it; I just keep the armor reinforced and the heat output low so I can go in and out of Silent Running with no penalty; basically I use it as a 300 ton stealth fighter.

My most common weapon loadout is two medium burst lasers, fixed (modded for efficiency. Plan to get the Kinetic upgrade on 'em) and two small cannons, gimballed. (modded for short-range blaster. Trying to get either Force or High Yield upgrade on them).

I've also been experimenting with two small gimballed pulse lasers (modded for Focus, IE 5k+ range and boosted armor penetration,  one of them can scramble modules randomly)  and two medium fixed multicannons (rapid fire).    Seems to be a pretty effective set-up.

When I do acquire another ship, it'll probably be a Transport or Explorer of some sort.  Something I can either jump really far in or carry a lot of cargo, or both, especially if I can outfit it as a more effective mining vessel than I can my Viper.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
859 REPLIES 859

Anonymous
Not applicable
My previous comment is being Moderated (probably sounds like a gold selling ad ;). But yes, I've seen passenger contracts to the center of the galaxy, and even further (30 thousand light year +).

vannagirl
Consultant

kojack said:

I've entered the sector in my Asp Explorer. Let's see if anything freaky happens...
🙂

looking for Thargolds?

i did over 150 jumps from maia over about 3 days and around in our private group, nothing

4 jumps solo, yes!!!

the wait was so worth it, i wish i took my asp also but the inters kills me so i was in my BananaConda in vr it was worth the cost of cv1 alone
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

kojack
MVP
MVP
Well, that didn't go so well.
First, I ended up stopping one jump early, I was exploring the wrong system. 🙂

I went to the correct one and looked at the first two planets. For some reason Elite had wiped all of my driving controls, I had to reconfigure everything. I drove around the first world a bit, nothing interesting. Second world was unlandable. I looked online, apparently pleiades sector ab-w b2-4 was the first found location of alien wreckage, on planet 9-A. So I flew there.

There was a base on the planet. As I approached, I saw a strange looking object floating nearby. When I got closer, I was able to lock on, it was an imperial dreadnought.3ahwdv4q8fkh.jpg
The base radioed me to say I was welcome. All the nearby ships and the dreadnought showed up as friendly. Ok, seems safe...

An imperial clipper came over and scanned me. It told me I was in big trouble for tresspassing. Oh crap! I hit boost and pushed the throttle. About 5 second later my Asp was a thousand pieces raining down on the planet.
A million credits later and I've respawned 6 jumps away.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

vannagirl
Consultant
Carrying something naughty or in the power play??
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

kojack
MVP
MVP
Nope. Empty hold, never touched powerplay and I'm friendly with the empire.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable

CrashFu said:
And dang, passengers want you to take them THAT far?  I hope they're paying millions for a trip like that.

Because my old post isn't appearing: you can get about 6 million for a sightseeing trip of around 200ly distance, up to about 1 million for a one-way trip of about 40ly, and (only) 30 million for a trip of 20.000ly to the center of the galaxy.

Traprock
Expert Protege
Commander Ripthruster in Elite.  Please add and I will do the same.  Current home base is in George Lucas Station.  Currently flying a Python Vulture.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, generally it's not quite so lucrative to take them really far. Got a first-class cabin in my ASP Explorer (in the largest available slot), and I can sometimes get passengers who want to do sightseeing (2 or 3 destinations, all within about 100ly of eachother) for about 6 million. 

Then you have the guys who want to go to the black hole at the center (of the milkyway), +- 20000ly, and they only pay 30 million. But the upshot of going that far (and back, by the way, in case of sightseeing tours) is that your explorer rating is enormously boosted at the end.

And there's always the 'transport' contract that, if you're lucky, will net you near 1 million for going maybe 2 jumps.

Passengering people around is very lucrative. Got the cash I invested in my ASP explorer (about 26 million) back in a couple of hours.

The problem I have with the long journeys is that there are regions of space about 1000ly out where the stars are not very densely packed, so you may (not sure) need to be able to jump more than 26ly in one jump to get to the next star en-route.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, generally it's not quite so lucrative to take them really far. Got a first-class cabin in my ASP Explorer (in the largest available slot), and I can sometimes get passengers who want to do sightseeing (2 or 3 destinations, all within about 100ly of eachother) for about 6 million. 

Then you have the guys who want to go to the black hole at the center (of the milkyway), +- 20000ly, and they only pay 30 million. But the upshot of going that far (and back, by the way, in case of sightseeing tours) is that your explorer rating is enormously boosted at the end.

And there's always the 'transport' contract that, if you're lucky, will net you near 1 million for going maybe 2 jumps.

Passengering people around is very lucrative. Got the cash I invested in my ASP explorer (about 26 million) back in a couple of hours.

The problem I have with the long journeys is that there are regions of space about 1000ly out where the stars are not very densely packed, so you may (not sure) need to be able to jump more than 26ly in one jump to get to the next star en-route.

kojack
MVP
MVP

Drakkie said:

CrashFu said:
And dang, passengers want you to take them THAT far?  I hope they're paying millions for a trip like that.

Because my old post isn't appearing: you can get about 6 million for a sightseeing trip of around 200ly distance, up to about 1 million for a one-way trip of about 40ly, and (only) 30 million for a trip of 20.000ly to the center of the galaxy.

The spam filter caught it. You're verified now so it won't happen again.