cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR experience for Kids

Duffvader
Protege
Hey Guys! 

So I just received my Rift a few days ago and my friends, family and colleagues are storming my house to try VR. Tomorrow a colleague is visitting me and also brings his daughters with (13,16 years). 

I'm just wondering, which VR Games/ Apps/ Movies would you show to kids?

my favourites so far:
Invasion
lost
Farlands 
The Rose and i

for creativity: 
Quill 
Medium
Minecraft

Would appreciate to hear your suggestions. Peace! 
14 REPLIES 14

Warbloke
Superstar

Definitely Dreadhalls or Boogeyman.
That will keep them awake at night... meaning they are tired and quieter the next day.
(unless they are tough like me and don't get scared easily)

But seriously... Lucky's Tail... easily a great one for kids.

Eve Valkyrie is also awesome.

Oh, and that short Hedgehog movie. I forgot its name but was free.

"You can't believe everything you read on the Internet " :- Abraham Lincoln 

ParadiseDecay
Rising Star
You need to show them 'Henry' the Oculus Studio animated cartoon.
Also Ocean Rift if you have it.
☆ YouTube 'Content Creator' and 'Steam Curator' ( https://www.youtube.com/user/ParadiseDecay ) ☆ Devs! I'm always on the look out for new and interesting VR experiences! ☆ Oculus Rift CV1 ☆ Windows 10, 64 bit ☆ Intel Core i7-3770 ☆ 16.0GB Ram ☆ GeForce GTX 1060

Phaserlight
Heroic Explorer
For ages 13 and up...

Wands
Minecraft
Vendetta Online
Bait! 
Nomads
National Parks
Land's End
Esper 2
Eve Gunjack
Jump
InCell (be careful, this one has very dizzying motion)
Dreamflight 
The Dream Dimension (on the short side) 
Notes on Blindness

All of these would have my stamp of approval for that age bracket.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Depends on what their parents let them watch and play when they're at home. When I was 13 I used to watch plenty of 15 and 18 rated films and read plenty of horror and sci-fi/fantasy books.

People tend to wrap kids up in cotton wool these days.

Ask their parents if their kids will be okay playing Dreadhalls or any of the other horror games.

At the ages of 13 and 16 they're practically adults, so putting them in Henry and Lucky's Tale without putting them in the likes of Abe and Dreadhalls will be pretty condescending to them at their age.

agenttoff
Heroic Explorer

snowdog said:

Depends on what their parents let them watch and play when they're at home. When I was 13 I used to watch plenty of 15 and 18 rated films and read plenty of horror and sci-fi/fantasy books.

People tend to wrap kids up in cotton wool these days.

Ask their parents if their kids will be okay playing Dreadhalls or any of the other horror games.

At the ages of 13 and 16 they're practically adults, so putting them in Henry and Lucky's Tale without putting them in the likes of Abe and Dreadhalls will be pretty condescending to them at their age.

I wouldn't call 13/16 practically adults, but I agree that parents are overprotective these days, and coddle their kids when it comes to entertainment.  I call it the Pokemon generation. 😉  Cause that's when it seems to have all started.  The type of stuff I used to watch as a kid.   😐   I didn't turn into a sociopath... no matter what they try to say.  

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well a 16 year old is practically an adult and whether a 13 year old is practically an adult differs from teenager to teenager. I was practically an adult at 13 years old.

agenttoff
Heroic Explorer
How old are you now?  I don't consider anyone under 20-21 an adult, regardless of their maturity.  A 13 year old still looks and acts like a child in every regard.  There are 16 year old's who appear mature, but when it comes down to it they're still naive, inexperienced, and a child.  I still consider them kids.  I had a lot of freedom as a kid. A lot!  My parents were never home.  I lived in the Los Angeles area, so I feel like I was pretty exposed as well, but still a kid.  But that's beside the point, and I don't want to hijack the topic.  

I think any of the experiences on Oculus Home would be alright for a 13-16 year old.   If there's concern about how much your colleague wants exposed to their kids, the coolest experiences in my opinion would be the Oculus demos (First contact ❤️ especially).  The Blu is really great as well.  Job Simulator would be good, Steam's The Lab would be great, always worth showing anyone, and it's "kid friendly" to the Pokemon generation. 😉 

GenetixStudio
Superstar
Luckey's Tale definitely, easy to pick up and play. Not to jarring, and great for all ages. Also a very impressive VR experience altogether.

maxpare79
Trustee
Nvidia Funhouse VR
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner