cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Height glitching up and down

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
Today I've been noticing this weird thing where I'm sitting inside of "I expect you to die" and while im sitting in my chair I get this glitch every once in a while where my height glitches upwards and I have to reset my default orientation to get it back down to normal. After a little while it will do it again. 

Anyone else have this?
199 REPLIES 199

Callidus80
Protege

metadane said:

Zandil said:

metadane said:

Epxzz said:

The problem lies within the headset itself. I just tried the headset of a friend with the exact same setup/computer/USB ports and it worked flawlessly! LED brightness is exact same for both headset (I did not check the frequencies).

This is a big problem: I spent hours and days trying to fix this stupid glitch. I was about to wipe my complete system making backups and reinstall windows. Then maybe buying extra hardware for other USB Ports.

Please give us an update on what will happen next.
I heard there will be an update at the end of the month... but I really feel fooled again, two month without a fix?
Can I just run this: https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/44368/is-your-rifts-view-tilted-slanted-heres-how-you-fix-it
Will it the issue shown in this thread? Will it void warranty?

Sorry for sounding a bit impatient, but I bought the controllers, more than a month ago and every time I use them buggy like they are now I loose faith/trust in the Rift. I won't leave Steam for a while if things keep going like this.

A bit odd if this was the headset itself, as most of our error logs are showing sensor timeouts and "sensor moved" errors.

I thought so to, until this morning.  I have been working with Oculus support regarding this issue for a couple of weeks, this morning I got a email from support asking these points

A short video demonstrating the issue, if possible.
  • Your Rift serial number from the box (starts with 'WMVR' or 'WMPV').
  • Your Rift headset serial number (starts with 'WMHD')
  • Your full name.
  • Your shipping address.

• They would appear to be getting ready to possibly ship out another Rift to me ?
    If they do this will be me third CV1.

I also got asked for the headset information this week!

This information was requested from me December 14th.

Flausn
    Expert Protege
    how long does this take unplayable with 3 cams !!!

Duffvader
    Protege
    Having the same issue. I'm kinda regretting more and more for buying the Oculus Rift and not HTC Vive :expressionless:

tellmike
    Protege
    @will84
    I didn't experience the height glitch when using the Rift/Touch today. Was enjoying "Dear Angelica", The Lab, Google Earth VR, and some testing around in Oculus Home to try to provoke some height glitches. So far so good 

I only have some minor Touch gliches when turning completely around, but other than that it's pretty solid. Waiting for a HDMI repeater to arrive from China to extend my room scale experience with 10ft, so will see how robust the tracking will be then.

tellmike
    Protege
    @Duffvader
    I had the same though the other day when I had severe height glitches, and floating Touch controllers when I added a 3rd camera. Now when things are working then I'm glad that I went with Rift. The HMD/screen/lenses/Touch are so good when they work.

In order to fix my height glitch issue I raised the angle on the 3rd camera slightly and re-calibrated the sensors.

Bushchook
    Honored Guest
    My rift and touch setup had been working flawlessly until I added a third camera yesterday and the height glitches started. The two original front cameras are at exactly the same height with the third camera being about 400mm lower than them. I am going to try them with all at the same height to see if that is the problem. Perhaps using different USB ports might be worth a try too. 

Solsland
    Adventurer
    Unfortunately having the same issues here.  In most games I am jumping up and down and in 'Onward' it is unplayable as my avatar sticks in crouch position limiting movement and seriously hindering speed.  

Have spent a bit of time resetting sensors etc with no success.  Here's hoping the patch later this month works.

Canen
    Honored Guest
    I am also having the floor height glitch issue. I have been silent so far in hopes that one of the multiple answers may fix the issue. I am working with 4 sensors but have tried 3 sensors as well. It is quite annoying when you go to reach for a gun and it is under your real floor.

I have lost count of what I have tried. I have moved the sensors multiple times and aimed them up and down. I have them 6' up and on the floor. I have aimed them down and up in both areas. I have made sure that they are perfectly aimed in deskscene. I tried multiple versions of the usb drivers for the fresco board as well as for the mother board drivers. I even tried another usb card that some people were having luck with the orico usb 3.1 2 port. I have tried multiple usb extension cables. I have a pile of them over on the floor.  I have taken anything even remotely shiny out of my play area. I updated to the newest beta software from windows to see if that would help.

This software update is my only hope that I know of!

My computer:
    MSI Z170A Gaming M7 LGA
    MSI GTX 980TI LIGHTNING
    Intel Core i5-6600K

Flausn
    Expert Protege
    fix it !!!!!!!!! why is this like it is ???? and no update for a month now !!!!

gamefan101
    Adventurer

Flausn said:

fix it !!!!!!!!! why is this like it is ???? and no update for a month now !!!!

+1