New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Buy faceplate

HermesgbHermesgb Posts: 11
Brain Burst
I want to buy a faceplate because the one I already have is broken and surprise, Oculus won't sell it! It's this the kind of service you're giving. Why having passed many months no replacements are sold. Why?? I'm so dissappointed. My next hmd will be Vive 2.

Comments

• TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,234 Valuable Player
    Hermesgb said:
    I want to buy a faceplate because the one I already have is broken and surprise, Oculus won't sell it! It's this the kind of service you're giving. Why having passed many months no replacements are sold. Why?? I'm so dissappointed. My next hmd will be Vive 2.
    Wow, omg this is totally the first time we've heard this complaint, how could we not have noticed this before? 

If it's falling apart raise a ticket with support, it's probably covered under warranty.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Yes, I'd recommend contacting Oculus Support. We may be able to assist. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • HermesgbHermesgb Posts: 11
    Brain Burst
    I already contacted the Oculus support and they told me no replacements sold. Does Oculus care about the costumers? Answer: No.
    While we aren't selling some parts on the site yet, we do plan to have sales online in the near future. Until then I would recommend contacting support again and explaining you need a new facial interface. Hope that helps.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • FlausnFlausn Posts: 187
    Art3mis
    i asked for about 4 times theni got one...wth why we have to ask so often and be annoing then we get it ? 
  • LukimatorLukimator Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    Because some people will probably give up and they won't have to send them the parts. I don't think it is worth it for the bad press and the loss of those customers, but what do I know
  • AmphetamineAmphetamine Posts: 141
    Art3mis
    I'm surprised that there's no knock offs of the facial interface or the cable coming out of Hidden Pirate Island Hong Kong yet. Wait, did oculus embargo HK?
    There are third party replacements for the facial interface.
    https://vrcover.com/product/oculus-rift-facial-interface-foam-replacement-standard-set/
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 6,371 Volunteer Moderator
    I bought that one--just received it a few days ago. The leather-like padding is a little more comfortable that the original foam, but the claims about improved FOV are overstated. I mainly bought it for the thinner interface because the Rift is tight on my big head, but I didn't find much difference with this one. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • FlausnFlausn Posts: 187
    Art3mis
    nalex66 said:
    I bought that one--just received it a few days ago. The leather-like padding is a little more comfortable that the original foam, but the claims about improved FOV are overstated. I mainly bought it for the thinner interface because the Rift is tight on my big head, but I didn't find much difference with this one. 
    if you want a lighter fit or more comford fit use 2 cable holders on each side to take some tension from the spings, now its comfortable. greez
  • StairmandStairmand Posts: 103
    Art3mis
    I need one too, I let my Mum try my Rift and as soon as the demo started (where you are on a platform, skyscraper thingy) she got scared, pulled it off and threw it  on the floor! Leaving a bit scratch on it.

Guess what I said, stuff you wouldn't usually call your mother!
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 6,371 Volunteer Moderator
    Flausn said:
    nalex66 said:
    if you want a lighter fit or more comford fit use 2 cable holders on each side to take some tension from the spings, now its comfortable. greez
    That's a good idea, I might give that a try!
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 3,087 Valuable Player
    I'm surprised that there's no knock offs of the facial interface or the cable coming out of Hidden Pirate Island Hong Kong yet. Wait, did oculus embargo HK?

All it would take is one customer that got no support for a cable damaged by  neglect.  They could contact a seller via Alibaba or Dhgate and get it started.  They'd just have to send out their broken cable and commit to a minimum order which of course they would sell to all the other oculus users that got no support because oculus is dragging their feet when it comes to offering replacements.  Then Oculus would have to hire another department dedicated to DMCA take downs, but it will be too late if the chinese find that there's an actual market for it.  Being stuck with a $600 brick that can't be used for anything else is one hell of an incentive to send the cable out for reverse engineering.  The fact that they could sell the surplus they'd have to buy would be a bonus.  I think Oculus should be afraid that this is something that could actually happen, so they should get off their asses and get these parts available for sale on their website.