cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an oculus stand / Where and how do you keep your Oculus Rift when it's not in use?

RogerFederer
Honored Guest
I wonder how you guys protect your Rift when they are not in use? I just lay the flat on the table but im worried about dust covering the lenses while the Rift ist just laying around...
61 REPLIES 61

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I just lay mine on the desk with a cover over it. 

Greyhawk101
Protege
zork2001 - awesome setup! Mins just sits on top of my PC when not in use. I have a desk with a small shelf which my monitor stands on, all the accessories just go on there.

Cmndr-Hill
Expert Protege
Mine is on a shelf with a micro cloth draped over it

Nathan_Joe
Honored Guest
I made a wire hanger into a mask hanger. it's strong enough to handle the two touch controllers and the gamepad controller, too. I'm considering productifying it. 😉 A perfect accessory for those with limited desk space. it can be placed under the desk if you got space.

3xxdqvvua0uq.jpg

c7qhb2pczccj.jpg

bmvhltstp092.jpgmkfjzor6r3jy.jpg

Star-lizard
Rising Star

I just ordered this along with the Oculus Rift Facial Interface & Foam 
https://vrcover.com/product/universal-vr-headset-cover/
Found out about it here 
https://youtu.be/Yu0DGAVtRTQ

ch72snya7owa.png

darkeclypse
Protege
Where can one buy that cover at?

8097double4
Explorer
I designed a desktop stand for the CV1 headset and touch controllers. It's compact and keeps everything looking neat when not in use. The stand is 3D printed on a Lulzbot Taz.

ghv0j5o4rd8e.jpg

Back to sculpting in Medium!!!

Sharpfish
Heroic Explorer
yeah as someone above said, you really should think twice about hanging them on walls or w/e with the lenses/open side facing up! the amount of dust getting on those lenses will risk far more microscratches than needed (when you inevitably have to clean it). Also it looks JANKY AF 😉

Mine goes back in the case atm, left plugged in and disabled with oculus tray tool. I have the older smaller rift only case which is perfect for me as doesn't take up too much space on the shelf under my PC. Keep the dust (and sun) out, keep the covering from getting tons of dust in the fabric and/or worn looking. I should say this is where it goes when I'm done with it for the day, but as I use it often throughout the day obviously I don't put it back in the case each time I take it off! I just rest it flat (not on it's front as a dust trap) on the desk/shelf next to me and cover it with a microfibre if gonna be away from it for a short while (and disable it to stop it getting hot with the cloth over it)

My touch controls sit in front of my keyboard up-ended ready to grab at anytime (resting on their ring and tip part with handles poking up in the air). Wouldn't like half these stand designs as they make grabbing the touch controllers a bit of a chore, and as I'm in / out of VR a lot with UE4 the stands would rarely get used. If you don't wanna use a case then stick it in a cloth drawstring bag or in a draw as others do. If you want it close to hand at all times then just try to keep the lenses part covered (without perma stretching the head bands) and no glass heads to focus the stray sunlight onto the lenses!!!
EX DK2/VIVE/PSVR/CV1/Q2/PSVR2 | Currently Quest Pro (PCVR) | VR developer
RTX 3080 FE / 12900k / Windows 11 Pro

DillonCrew
Honored Guest