Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolphin Emulator CV1 compatibility

2EyeGuy
Adventurer
EDIT: new version: Download Dolphin VR 5.0
DK1 version: Dolphin VR 5.0 for Runtime 0.8

I finally got around to updating Dolphin VR for CV1 and SDK 1.3.  🙂

It still has some bugs, for example the mirror window isn't working on Direct3D yet. And I'm not even sure that Opcode Replay mode is working correctly. And I have not pulled the last several months of Dolphin updates, so it is not current with master. And some things may be hardcoded for DK2, like Metroid Prime visors, and haven't been fixed.

Before you can run applications (like Dolphin VR) outside Oculus Home, you need to have Unknown Sources enabled. In the Oculus app window, click on the cog > Settings > General > Unknown Sources.

Dolphin VR 4.0-9519 x64 1.3 

You will need to rip your GameCube or Wii games to your hard-drive or USB stick, because most optical drives can't read them directly. If you have a Wii or a Wii U (it doesn't need to be modded) and an external hard-drive or USB memory stick, then you can install homebrew channel and use it to dump games. See tutorials online for how to dump games for Dolphin.

Not all games work. Some work almost perfectly, and some are unplayable. Some games have Hide Object Codes and AR Cheat Codes to make them work better in VR, which you can find by right clicking a game in your game list in dolphin and choosing properties, then going to those tabs.

Don't forget to set your Graphics, VR, and Controller options.

I've only tested this on DK2. CV1 probably works.
Vive might or might not work. The Vive controllers aren't implemented yet.
Razer Hydra works (and can be used as a Nunchuk+Wiimote) but the button mapping is hardcoded, and you can't see your hands yet.
297 REPLIES 297

isamu
Explorer

dreimer1986 said:

I tend to experiment with VR configuration and on per game base experiment with Opcode Replay @ Pullup Auto + Disable Opcode Warnings or Synchronous Timewarp @ Timewarp Auto. Both have pros and cons and some are good for game A and suck at game B or vice versa. To have a basic knowledge of what to do, reading the VR instructions tab always is a good idea, too. Boost GFX settings to a good AntiAliasing and Anisotropic filter configuration. Internal Resolution has to be Automatic (multiple of 640x528). EFB copies has to be set to texture, XFB has to be OFF. Check for anti culling cheat codes and activate em, activate cheat codes globally and check the game "Hide Objects" settings for stuff to disable for better immersion. That made F-Zero a game behaving way better in VR than Radial-G which was MADE as a VR game. Same thing like for using vorpX drivers, this is NO plug & play thing, you have to experiment a bit to have great results. If you have more queestions, feel free to ask ^^

I personally like the way it is regarding your speed feeling problem, but maybe my suggestions above make you happy too.

Dreimer thanks for the tips. I got it running very good now. F-Zero GX in VR is nothing short of BANANAS!!!! Out of curiosity, what is your "scale" setting? I find that 0.010 works pretty well. It makes the world much smaller but in some odd way it feels like you're even more inside the word. It's a trippy experience.

dreimer1986
Adventurer
I kept it default. 0.010 you say.... need to try that ^^

Hoopermation
Honored Guest
Hey everyone, Hooper here.

I'm trying to get SSX 3 working well in Dolphin VR. I've moved the camera down to where the boarder is so you get a *somewhat* first person experience, but it's far from perfect. It's pretty easy to find the codes to hide the riders but not the boards, so you can kind of have an idea of what you're doing. Before I do a video of it, there's a few things that I'd like to try to get going. If anyone can help or point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

1. Culling on this game is badddd. Everytime you make a jump, the whole world disappears around you. Is there some kind of tool to make up an AR codes to disable culling for SSX 3? EDIT: Just found the generator in the Cheat Manager. I'll mess with this, see what I can do. EDIT 2: I'm a moron. There's a bruteforcer for finding the codes.

2. I notice that the riders in the game stay relative to the camera's position, but they do move around quite a bit. Is there any way to anchor the camera to a certain point, like a few feet above the board, but have it tied to the board in the game?

If this is at all possible, it could make for a seriously insane snowboarding game. 

charlton_3393
Heroic Explorer
Hey @2EyeGuy, I downloaded the DolphinVR 5.0-1685 that you uploaded around Christmas and whenever I start a game it starts SteamVR instead of through the Oculus Runtime natively so it ends up going from DolphinVR->SteamVR->OculusSDK. I'm on DK2 with latest Oculus Runtime. Is there anything I can do to fix that or is that the way you have coded it now?

EDIT: Never mind I fixed it, I just unticked the box that says "Start SteamVR when an application starts" in the SteamVR "Settings->Developer" tab.
Specs: - Windows 10 Pro x64 OS - ASRock H87 Performance Motherboard - Intel Core I7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell Processor - Reference Radeon RX 480 GPU - 32GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 RAM

cathodoluminesc
Explorer
@2EyeGuy: I really hope you reconsider your position regarding Touch support!
I can absolutely understand your frustration, but are Touch support and your treatment by a Reddit-mod not two different pairs of shoes? 
BTW, I think I am on your side regarding the Palmer-Trump issue: I think Palmer's support was a childish thing to do, but anti-Hillary does not equal pro-Trump. Maybe to somebody grown up with a (factual) two-party system like in the US this seems as a syllogism, but from a European perspective, this situation is less black & white. 
Nonetheless, I am convinced that you demands will never be meet, neither by redditors nor Oculus, even if they would be aware of them... especially because nobody likes to be blackmailed.

AnotherCrazyCan
Adventurer

2EyeGuy said:

I just got banned from the Oculus subreddit for pointing out that Palmer Luckey probably isn't Alt-Right.

Which means... I will not be adding Oculus Touch support to Dolphin VR (or anything else) when I eventually receive my Oculus Touch.

If you want Oculus Touch support, here are my demands:
  • Expose the moderators responsible for banning me and suspending me, and permanently ban them from any moderating role in the future.
  • Unban me, and grant me immunity from future suspensions and bans.

OR

• Oculus can reinstate Palmer Luckey to his former position, with full apology and admission of wrongdoing from those responsible for violating his (and our) democratic rights.

HTC Vive controller support will of course continue.

uhh...thanks for the response?
Facebook bought Instagram. How exactly did they ruin them?

Mace404
Heroic Explorer

dirtythekid
Explorer
Any updates on a new release? The version released over the holidays definitely helped some things, but I feel like performance isn't as good at times. Just wondering if there's any news.

FiB3R
Honored Guest

2EyeGuy said:

I just got banned from the Oculus subreddit for pointing out that Palmer Luckey probably isn't Alt-Right.

Which means... I will not be adding Oculus Touch support to Dolphin VR (or anything else) when I eventually receive my Oculus Touch.

If you want Oculus Touch support, here are my demands:
  • Expose the moderators responsible for banning me and suspending me, and permanently ban them from any moderating role in the future.
  • Unban me, and grant me immunity from future suspensions and bans.

OR

• Oculus can reinstate Palmer Luckey to his former position, with full apology and admission of wrongdoing from those responsible for violating his (and our) democratic rights.

HTC Vive controller support will of course continue.

Well ****. I've only just found out about Dolphin VR, and instantly it's bad news 😞

Not sure what Reddit and your politics have to do with it, but thank you for the work you have done so far.

I (and I presume most of us) have no way of meeting your demands, so fingers crossed you have a change of heart.

konstantin_loze
Explorer
The downloads on this page https://dolphinvr.wordpress.com/downloads/ are blocked by all my browsers. Are there alternative download links?