cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift suddenly not working

nickisnoob
Sightseer
Hello,

Got my Rift (CV1) a few weeks ago, no issues except a few disconnects.

Was playing The Climb this morning when the game crashed.

Oculus home was unresponsive and i force closed it in task manager. Now the Rift does not work.

The orange light is still on, but there is no picture when i put it on.

Everything is still shown as connected (HDMI, USB, sensors, touch) but i get a "Oculus Hardware Eror" when i try to run setup.

Have tried reinstalling the Oculus software, Graphics card drivers. Also tried a lot of USB ports.

Any help would be appreciated.

44 REPLIES 44

nickisnoob
Sightseer
Also, after i'm forced to skip setup i get a "General Device Problem" that says "Invalid Bundle Adjustment",
W
which disappears after a few seconds.

I can still sync my Touch, remote, and Xbox controller, but sensor tracking, guardian system, and set floor position results in hardware error.

nickisnoob
Sightseer
6wiuxz9mbeiz.png

t800
Explorer
I have the same problem. 2 days ago while playing pCars, the game crashed. After that see Oculus Hardware Error. I reinstalled all the drivers, rift setup, steam, ...

cybereality
Grand Champion
Have you tried doing a repair install of the Oculus setup?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

nickisnoob
Sightseer

Have you tried doing a repair install of the Oculus setup?

Yes, have contacted support might have to send it back

lgiaco
Honored Guest
Exactly this issue for me.  Same time frame as well. 2 days ago. Support ticket opengf282p9u42qq.pnghnkkoolvz1cr.pngdiz8ik0g8i39.png

cybereality
Grand Champion
Reinstall your graphics card drivers with clean install option and reboot your computer. Also, you can also try updating to latest USB drivers for your motherboard and get Windows fully updated.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

lgiaco
Honored Guest
Thanks. I've done all that. Also tried an hdmi > displayport adapter, moved around USB, etc/misc

Pretty sure the unit needs to be replaced. Waiting to hear back on my support ticket

nickisnoob
Sightseer

lgiaco said:

Thanks. I've done all that. Also tried an hdmi > displayport adapter, moved around USB, etc/misc

Pretty sure the unit needs to be replaced. Waiting to hear back on my support ticket

Support has been great for me. Really fast replies.