Extension for Oculus sensor — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Extension for Oculus sensor

ZandilZandil Posts: 975
3Jane
Hey guys, I'm after a 30cm high extension for one of my Sensor stands, basically a extension rod that will screw in to the existing setup to bring my sensor up to the height I need,  at least 30 cm and can get it in Australia. 
If any one knows or has used something that will suffice ?

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    This is what I use. You can clamp it to a desk, or a shelf, etc.
    https://www.amazon.com/Smatree-Ajustable-Gooseneck-Extension-Session/dp/B00MWNYGUS/
    Smatree Ajustable Jaws Flex Clamp Mount 13.4"
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • skantronskantron Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I used these they are 16 inches (40cm) but they did the trick.  What you can look for are tripod extensions, and have 1/4-20" threads (the common tripod connector size for camera gear).  I used a security camera wall mount and these to get my sensors on the wall.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009OMPVQI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 
  • ZandilZandil Posts: 975
    3Jane
    Thanks @cybereality but the clamp is not able to be used where the sensor is but I did look into those.   @skantron that's what I was after but need to check if they ship to Oz and uf they do don't charge me 5 times the amount of the product for shipping.
  • skantronskantron Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Sorry, I have no idea what shipping or availability to Australia is like, but hopefully, if you can search for 1/4-20 threaded extension rod with local camera shops or sites (or places that sell security camera gear), you might be able to find something local to you.  Good Luck!
  • Sinstalker21Sinstalker21 Posts: 253 Poster of the Week
    Amazon is your friend...I think.