cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polygon Nightmare - Old School VR

Enmark
Expert Protege
Hi. im Swedish guy with early dreams of VR since i first tried the "Virtuality" arcade machine "Nightmare" later called "Dactyl Nightmare". My goal is to bring my childhood dream back from the dead, for the historic value and because it was a lot of peoples first VR experience!

I have gain the original Programer and graphic designers blessing to recreate the game. but have failed to reach the actual owner of the Game.

The game will be Free of charge and should NOT be redistributed without my knowledge.

Everything is built from scratch and is measured by eye sight from this lone clip!
all 3D work is made in sketchup and all sound effects are taken from the original videoclip.

201 REPLIES 201

Enmark
Expert Protege
Help found! Plenty of help installed!

thanks to dignifiedweb and TonyVT   🙂 ❤️

Moving on to smal stuff and then release!

Both Remote Controller and Touch are supported! 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wooooi

DarkTenka
Trustee
Fuq yea man! .. Can't wait!

RABID
Expert Protege

Breton said:

awesome!!

RABID
Expert Protege

Breton said:

awesome!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any teasers, pics or video????

Enmark
Expert Protege
basicly it the same as before but with new support for Touch controllers and the remote controller. then there is only one new feature. the "Railtrack" walking NPC can now shot back and destroy the player.  :#

and there is a pixelation filter on the "Field of view" (60 degree simulation) to simulate the 276x372 resolutions  🙂 

Percy1983
Superstar
Looking forward to this, I actually played on this on original hardware last year, was surprised how well it worked.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

Enmark
Expert Protege
There is a new gunman in town. and now both of them is firing at you!  B)  

kmcd8z6wwwpq.jpg

DarkTenka
Trustee
Looks awesome man. Can't wait to try it!