cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch Support FAQ: LOOK HERE FIRST!

cybereality
Grand Champion
Every Touch pre-order came with a bonus game code that can be redeemed for The Unspoken and VR Sports Challenge. The code should have been emailed to you from the store you purchased from, or on your Oculus order history if you bought from Oculus. You can enter the code into the Settings menu of the Oculus app under Settings- > Account -> Redeem Code. You should receive the code in an email shortly after the order ships from Oculus. If you purchased from other stores, they may have a different schedule, but feel free to reach out to their support (for example Amazon or Best Buy support) to receive assistance.

For other games included for free, such as Dead & Buried, Medium, or Quill, they are redeemed by connecting Oculus Touch controllers and completing the full setup. You can get to the setup by going to Settings -> Devices -> Configure Rift -> Run Full Setup. If the games don't appear after the setup is done, try restarting Oculus by going to Settings -> Beta -> Restart Oculus. PLEASE NOTE, this redemption is triggered once, and only once, and then the games will forever be attached to the account you used when first connecting and setting up the controllers. 

First Contact and Touch Tutorial will also appear after you connect the controllers and finish the setup.

If you are getting a "Not Valid" message when trying to install The Unspoken from your Library, it probably means you have a corrupted file (which could happen if you attempted to install the game prior to release). In this case, you can clean out of corrupted file with these steps.

Shutdown Oculus Runtime
-- Win-R, or windows key then search for `services.msc`
-- Scroll down to find and select `Oculus VR Runtime Service`
-- Right click, 'stop'
-- Leave this window open

Delete `The Unspoken` manifest files
-- Find Oculus games folder
--- By default, this is C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\
-- Go to Manifests\ folder within Oculus games folder
-- Delete insomniac-games-the-unspoken.json and insomniac-games-the-unspoken.json.mini

Delete Oculus saved session information
-- Open a File (Windows) Explorer window
-- Enter into the path bar `%APPDATA%\Oculus`
-- Delete the `sessions` folder

Restart Oculus Runtime
-- In services.msc, right click `Oculus VR Runtime Service`, click start
-- Double-click Oculus shortcut on desktop to start the Oculus client

If you are still waiting for your Touch order to be charged, please contact your credit card company or bank and let them know about the upcoming charge. You can tell them the amount of the charge and that it will come from Oculus/Facebook. We will not be held responsible for fraud holds or payment failures caused by your banking institution, and any such holds or declines can delay your shipment.

See our support page for how to setup 2 and 3 sensor experimental setups:
https://support.oculus.com/199906947113632

If you are experiencing senor USB connectivity issues, please try different USB ports (USB 2.0 tends to be more reliable) or purchase this USB add-on card which has been tested and should be working.
https://www.amazon.com/Inateck-Superspeed-Ports-PCI-Expansion/dp/B00B6ZCNGM

If you have other questions, feel free to post. I will update the FAQ. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
173 REPLIES 173

Sinstalker21
Heroic Explorer

roontune said:

Can anyone tell me why my layment method is being rejected? I have entered the proper details but still won't accept them. I'm in the uk

I had that issue at the start as well.  Come to find out they needed to go over my acct and update it to allow me due to when I cancelled an order that I didnt know my CC blocked until they heard from me since it was like $1000.00 (they thought it was stolen) lol.  But after figuring it out and letting them know they "updated" my acct and I was able to buy away.  SO if you had anything similar w/ cancelling and order or your CC company wanting verification that YOU are making the large purchase, this might be the same issue.  If it is just talk to support about it.

I do know that some CC have a "starter" amount for ppl that is their daily cap.  Maybe you should ask about it if you think this is the issue. Citi knows i would freak out if i couldn't spend at least $500 on my own so I made sure yrs ago it was a bit higher. LOL   Hope this helps.

Sinstalker21
Heroic Explorer
Anyone know WHEN this month we are supposed to be getting the update for the touch??

http://uploadvr.com/oculus-promises-tracking-improvements-touch-january-update/

madmike3691
Honored Guest
My laptop has three USB 3.0 ports and one USB 3.1 port. I have not been able to get my three sensor system working. I have tried every combination. Either my sensor gets and error or the rift gets the error. Especially when I plug into the 3.1 port.

YoLolo69
Trustee
@madmike3691 Did you try to use an USB 2.0 extension cable (even short) for one of your sensors or the Rift to lower bandwidth? Rift on USB2.0 work fine for me, and one sensor on the third on USB 2.0 is recommended.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Ironlemons
Protege
I have problem when using 3 sensors, when setting them up I am able to connect both touch controllers, all sensors get OK, but when I get to the part where I need to stand in center of my play area and hold touch controller at eye level and press trigger, it always says something along the lines of controller not detected. If I skip that part and go to next part where I need to put the headset on, I can see all 3 sensors in VR and both controllers, I do however have some stuttering with both controllers and from time to time with my headset as well

cybereality
Grand Champion
When you are up to that step, be sure that all sensors can see the controller.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

flexy123
Superstar
Is there ANY way, ever, to get Dead & Buried, Quill and Medium if someone has bought Touch from someone else? I got my pre-order stuff (The Unspoken, VR Sports). The Unspoken is actually very nice but I am pissed that the other 3 games are "locked" to the account who initially installed Touch. The guy who sold me his Touch obviously won't benefit from these, he sold his Rift. And I could actually use Medium since I heard people make Avatars with it so it could be of use for me. Just wondering.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I don't think Oculus will give them for free on a second-hand purchase, and library content is non-transferable, but there is a way to get them if you really want them... they're available for purchase from the Oculus Store.

I know, not the answer you wanted to hear.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

madmike3691
Honored Guest

YoLolo69 said:

@madmike3691 Did you try to use an USB 2.0 extension cable (even short) for one of your sensors or the Rift to lower bandwidth? Rift on USB2.0 work fine for me, and one sensor on the third on USB 2.0 is recommended.

Tried that. Rift gives an error and says to update driver, which I did.

Phantom88
Honored Guest
Can u play Project Cars with touch instead of steering wheel?