Oculus RIFT third sensor error issue. — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus RIFT third sensor error issue.

Inky_EnstonInky_Enston Posts: 3
NerveGear
Hi, all.

Oculus RIFT third sensor issue.

I have an Asus ROG Rampage IV extreme black edition with 64GB ram, GTX 1070, WIN 10 pro 64 BIT and a 4930k @4.5ghz. I've purchased a third sensor to give more 'purchase' in 360 however, I'm having a devil of a time getting a third sensor to work - it does work, if it's one of two sensors - three sensors and I get an error yet, three will show up without error if I unplug the HMD from its USB 3.0 slot. One more thing, no sensor works in any USB 3.0 slot (even after I tried to employ the CompatibilityNew.json file alteration work around - it simply generates a new file). Two sensors work fine in USB 2.0, though.

I bought a CSL active USB 3.0 5M extension for the rear sensor (just in case) and a CSL 5x external, 2x internal USB 3.0 PCIe card in the hopes I could plug the HMD into the card and run the sensors off the main boards USB 2.0 Ports to no avail, it still shows an error randomly on any one of the three sensors, take one out and they are fine. I've tried many USB combinations to only get the same result.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Answers

• digitalkibbledigitalkibble Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Do you have your PCI-E card plugged into your power supply as well via cable?  Also, what is the error readout specifically?
  • Inky_EnstonInky_Enston Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Do you have your PCI-E card plugged into your power supply as well via cable?  Also, what is the error readout specifically?
    Yes, it's powered and the error is 8609, I think. I may need to check on the code when I return home but I'm pretty sure it's the code.
  • Inky_EnstonInky_Enston Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I find it very odd the sensors won't work on any USB 3.0 port on my motherboard, to be honest. The MoBo has two power supply sockets of which I fed via Super Flower 1300w PSU - there's a molex power supply coming from the bottom of the MoBo that I'm using to power the USB card - the card doesn't recognise any hardware unless it's powered.