cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are reviews hidden prior to buying within the VR store? Here are some pointers...

Nonameo
Explorer
The whole point of having a review is totally lost to the buyer, if he/she cannot read it prior to buying!
Maybe this is a simple mistake that nobody has noticed yet. But it is a biggie! Ha ha. I mean, not much point being only able to read them in the store after you buy the game?! Please fix this, people want to be able to both read what others think before they buy and also maybe give you feed back as you can on Steam; "Not interested" "repetitive" etc
That way you can use the info to help developers?

Also, when you make a choice and look at a selection, your place is lost when you go back? Why?! Its very frustrating having to click through all the touch games to get back to were you were.

Further more, I must just say that I am totally blown away by how much rubbish there is on the store? As yet I have only found a handfull of great experiences like Elite, Subnautica, Project Cars, Quill, VTime, Farlands and Radial-G. These I can recommend with hand on heart. Great experiences that pull you in and have quality and thought behind them. Yet think there should be a set standard for some of the stuff thrown our way; like "The Impossible Travel Agency" you get to see 5 shots from the same location in the store, how wonderful, choice of music that only caters to 1% of the population and graphics that make you feel that you never left the editor!?

I had hoped to have used Googles Street View too, it was one of the biggest reasons for getting a Rift to start with. I wanted to roam the streets of Japan as if in first person, seeing the world would have been great.
Am I the only one missing this feature? 🙂

It was my time to moan! Yet please fix the reviews thing.
Also "Knock Out League" crashes constantly. Seems you need to keep your punches slow!

28 REPLIES 28

elboffor
Consultant
Don't they are currently in home. In the pc app us where I read my reviews 
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Nonameo
Explorer

TwoHedWlf said:

Nonameo said:

You guys yanking my chain, went into the store to check... looked at BlazeRush, no reviews shown; nearly 5 stars with (greyed out under) 517 reviews, click on text... nothing... scroll down on every info page.... nothing. If the reviews are there, then they are not easily found. direct me please!
Are you sure you scrolled down properly?

Why are directing me to the app on the PC instead of keeping on topic? Im refering to the Oculus store in VR mate, when you have a store inside VR, it would be nice to see the reviews prior to buying.

Same answer to you TwoHedWif amazing name by the way!

Nonameo
Explorer

elboffor said:

Yes, but I´m not using a PC or talking about the app on the PC. This discussion is about the home area store within VR ok.
Although it does seem pointless having a store within VR, if you then have to come out of VR most times to complete the install!

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee

Nonameo said:

elboffor said:

Although it does seem pointless having a store within VR, if you then have to come out of VR most times to complete the install!

Yes, I find that weird, too.
Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. 😛

maxpare79
Trustee
@Nonameo Haaa ok I get what you are saying now...I never looked at the store "in VR" I always buy stuff in the app, start the download and when it's ready I put my headset on.
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

maxpare79 said:

@Nonameo Haaa ok I get what you are saying now...I never looked at the store "in VR" I always buy stuff in the app, start the download and when it's ready I put my headset on.

Hah, Same I didn't think about that, I've never bought anything in VR, always with the desktop app.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
So is Google Earth a Vive exclusive? Why is there no Oculus app like there is for the Vive? How do you get it to work with the Rift? I have to agree there aren't that many great titles on the store and there's even less if you don't have touch. People seem to rave about Chronos, but I stopped playing it because I'm not sure what you're supposed to even do in it LOL. I spent the first 5 scenes doing absolutely nothing, apart from admiring the scenery. I kept on getting into lifts that took me up and up until I came to a computer room and that's where my game ended. I stayed in that room for about 15 mins not knowing what the hell to do so quit LMAO. 

elboffor
Consultant
You just get it on steam vr and download a dll file called fake vive 1.2 and put it in the root on the Google earth vr directory.
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Where can I download this fake Vive without going to spam websites filed with crap.

Nonameo
Explorer

Hedgy said:

You can use Google earth with Oculus if you use fakevive. I've used it and it seems to work perfectly

Thank you Hedgy, was a great experience seeing Google Earth. Yet still miss the street view, were you can
 explore areas as if on the ground!