cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Killing VR Zombies In Arizona Sunshine Is Now Better Than Ever!

vrgamerdude
Heroic Explorer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BjgTEpfa4c

I finally decided to give Arizona Sunshine a look now that it has had an update that allows for full locomotion options and damn I'm so glad I did! This game is exactly what I have been looking for in a VR FPS style game. I loved the graphics style and the fact that there is a bit of narrative to it adds to the gameplay a lot. I also can't wait to try this with one of my friends in multiplayer. Being able to share an adventure like this in VR with a friend is gonna be awesome! All I can say is that if you have a Rift with Touch or an HTC Vive then I recommend grabbing this one as fast as you possibly can! 
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"
14 REPLIES 14

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
Agreed quality game although  onward on steam right up there aswell

vrgamerdude
Heroic Explorer

Agreed quality game although  onward on steam right up there aswell

Yeah I really need to play Onward... I am kinda kickin myself for waiting this long to check it out because I hear nothing but good things about it! 

"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
Get it it's amazing,it's the only game I've done over 5 hrs straight on 

BGFH
Protege

Hmmm, full locomotion support.  I'm definitely more interested now.  I don't mind teleport controls, but much prefer full movement. 

Serious Sam Vr The First Encounter is also pretty awesome with the Rift.  It's in early access on Steam right now.

vrgamerdude
Heroic Explorer

BGFH said:

Hmmm, full locomotion support.  I'm definitely more interested now.  I don't mind teleport controls, but much prefer full movement. 

Serious Sam Vr The First Encounter is also pretty awesome with the Rift.  It's in early access on Steam right now.

Yep... Loved Serious Sam with full locomotion in VR as well! It's awesome that developers are now starting to listen to the community and adding this as an option in more games now █-)

Thane_
Heroic Explorer

Yep... Loved Serious Sam with full locomotion in VR as well! It's awesome that developers are now starting to listen to the community and adding this as an option in more games now █-)

And thanks to the gods, because if VR were limited to teleportation, i think it would be seen as a gimmick even by some of those who've been waiting for VR for ages.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
How long does it take you to play through this game? I ask because I hear some games are fairly short. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
I'd say you could beat it in around 4 hours if you know what you are doing, or maybe 5 - 6 hours if you die a bunch or are exploring more. However, there is a horde mode (and think some others after the update) so that extends the life a bit.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

AndrewJ71
Heroic Explorer
Arizona Sunshine is just the sort of game we need more of, in my opinion (with or without teleporting). Actual narrative driven campaigns. The over-reliance on multiplayer makes many of the games less appealing - either for people who have little interest in multi-player or simply due to the small user base making it difficult to find a game.

And I'm not just talking about shooters, either. Imagine a campaign being added to something like The Unspoken - travelling through the game world, blasting away your foes with gesture based magic spells. With boss battles thrown in along the way.

I'm envious of PSVR owners getting RE7 this month. That's exactly the type of thing we need to see more of.