cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we please stop whining in the support threads about how we're going to stop using the rift??

kzintzi
Trustee
I don't know about everyone else but I'm getting a bit tired of looking at threads for updates on support issues and seeing yet another person who's decided that Oculus are shafting them, or keeping them in the dark, or not doing stuff fast enough.

I think we all need to just chill out and stop the "this is the last straw, I'm going to buy a different/sell my rift/opt out of VR entirely" comments in every single thread about a fault or something wrong..

computers are complex things... Microsoft change drivers and many other things in the background on a monthly basis, and doesn't tell anyone it's happening until after the fact (anyone remember when they locked out 80% of all webcams coz they didn't want to deal with legacy codecs without actually telling anyone they were going to do it - happened only last year).

yes it's frustrating, and yes it's annoying (I've got 2 sensors, and can't really play anything that uses Touch ATM as a result of the height glitch), but constantly reading the litany of dummy spits in every thread is getting tired, and if you're actually looking for a real update to the issue reading another whinge about how you "got dun rong" is a pain in the butt.

Also, you're using a bleeding edge piece of hardware - it's been out less than a year and there are a whole swath of things that are new/different about it, including how close it all is to the limits of what can be done with existing hardware.. if this was a mature technology that had been out for several years and a company was jerking you around sure, complain.

All of the devices available right now have issues that crop up from time to time - that's why it's called the bleeding edge.

[let the flaming of Kzintzi begin]
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
56 REPLIES 56

Techy111
MVP
MVP
My Ford is bad, I may go citroen!!!!
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer
I borrowed my mothers ute and I need my car back. 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@kzintzi - Not sure about the height glitch you mention because I have two sensors and i don't ever get it. I see that some other people have this glitch though, but maybe it's something to do with your computers. If it was the sensor itself or the software wouldn't we all get the height glitch?

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
Stop reading the posts then simples init.i feel for the people having problems and not having a person to phone only leaves here to get there point across.so my advice to you is don't read if you don't like

kzintzi
Trustee

lovethis said:

@kzintzi - Not sure about the height glitch you mention because I have two sensors and i don't ever get it. I see that some other people have this glitch though, but maybe it's something to do with your computers. If it was the sensor itself or the software wouldn't we all get the height glitch?

possible, however the glitch itself wasn't occurring before the xmas update - it was possible that Microsoft updated something but I've gone over my OS updates, et al and there's nothing that sticks out. I spoke with the support guys and so far it looks like software.

kzintzi
Trustee

Stop reading the posts then simples init.i feel for the people having problems and not having a person to phone only leaves here to get there point across.so my advice to you is don't read if you don't like

then don't do it in a support thread - create a new discussion and complain there in the general section. that was I can not read it.

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
All I know is if I had spent my £2000  on something that was unplayable (in some cases) and you took a support ticket on many occasions and no reply,I'd  be going ape shit so I can't blame them the support is pretty pants and still no official statement  from oculus.There not helping themselves tbh

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
Ps it's support there looking for so dam right they should post it in support 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

kzintzi said:

lovethis said:

possible, however the glitch itself wasn't occurring before the xmas update - it was possible that Microsoft updated something but I've gone over my OS updates, et al and there's nothing that sticks out. I spoke with the support guys and so far it looks like software.

This might be a problem that has you ruining around in circles trying to find a fix. A bit like the wireless Xbox controller problem has done for some people. I tried everything barring building a new PC to try and fix that Xbox Controller problem and had no joy. The good news for me was I was able to to restore my PC from an image I had created of my hard drive and that fixed my problem. I'm not sure what Microsoft's relationship with Oculus is like, but it's causing a fair few problems for Oculus right now, if indeed it is the window updates causing them. The main problems so far seem to be Xbox Wireless controller problems/Usb problems/Tracking Problems. I had the first two problems on that list and was able to fix them. The first one which is the wireless Xbox Controller. This must be to do with windows or some other software because it no-longer occurs on my PC after doing the image restore. The Usb problem I think is both Oculus and the Usb card manufacturers fault. They needed to talk to each other so that the card manufactures can see what the problems are and decide if they want to support Oculus. I fixed that problem by using the Oculus tray tool someone created. The tracking problems you are experiencing, I can't comment on because I don't have this issue.

I have no idea why problems suddenly occur for some people and not others, but just like people in support you might find yourself tearing your hair out one day over a problem you can't fix. Sadly, problems like yours could be nothing to do with Oculus and everything to do with your PC. My Xbox controller problem was something that had obviously manifested itself on my PC, even though I hadn't installed anything at the time. Good luck with fixing your height problem.