cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebVR

AGL1
Protege
Has anyone been able to use either the Firefox or Chromium browsers to use WebVR on the ir Rift CV1 successfully?
46 REPLIES 46

Tiberius37
Honored Guest
Ok, I managed to make my panorama run in chromium but when I switch to vr mode I first didn't get a split screen and the message that chrome.exe is taking long time to load. Then I started another webvr example that first told me that I have to put my hmd on and that worked. After I ran this example and switched back to my panorama I was able to start the vr mode, I could see the split screen. But when I put on the rift it was black ...

Seems that it has something to do with the command to put on the hmd!? I read something like that in another Forum. But obviously the kolor panorama sw (krpano player) doesn't support it?

As I said before, I installed the latest versions of chromium and nightly and the other webvr example worked fine, so I can't believe that installing old versions from last summer is the solution!?

osadan
Honored Guest
I have the same issue with almost every demo I tried (including those one in this thread ) I have nvidia 750 gtx ti . ( doe's not fit the requirements) but I am not sure this is the problem 

Achimjo
Honored Guest
If your are using a Laptop make sure you are using your high performance graphics adapter for chromium/nightly.
This solved the problem for me!

osadan
Honored Guest
I solved my problem by upgrading my graphic card to 1060 gtx appears that it does metter (although I could see the apps installed in my pc)

scottbretonarti
Explorer
I am having the exact same issue as the original poster, and some of the others here - 1070 GTX with Firefox Nightly most recent version crashes, and Chromium appears not to register the HMD.  I am going to try the downgraded version of Nightly.  My purpose is primarily for Sketchfab, which would be awesome to access in VR!

c0nn0r
Honored Guest
Just installed the latest nightly Firefox and tried the webVR samples. They still do not work. I guess we just need to wait. Hope to hear positive news soon!

nswamy1
Honored Guest
Even i had the same issue.
After following configuration steps in the below link, everything worked perfectly.

https://webvr.rocks/firefox

Please give a try.

hstamati
Explorer
Just got Firefox 55 which claims to have webVR. I don't even get tracking response from the page, as if nothing works. If I put on the Rift, it just launches the Oculus home as usual.

(Yes, I did turn on the "allow unknown sources" checkbox)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Make sure you're using the 64 bit version of Firefox, the 32 bit version doesn't work according to some on Reddit.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
An article came out today boasting of FireFox and its WebVR abilities:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MskH9uqOyQ

https://www.roadtovr.com/todays-firefox-update-brings-rift-vive-webvr-support-everyone/

I plan to get back on WebVR and A-Frame this week. Hopefully things go smoothly, as I'm extremely excited to start building business applications using all this VR goodness.  My first attempts last year fell a bit short due to the lack of browser compatibility.