cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solus Project with Touch

zboson
Superstar
I tried the Solus Project for the first time last night. I played it for maybe 15 minutes. But I did not manage to get the Touch controllers working with it. It only seemed to work with the xbox controllers. I tried both experimental steam VR and oculus VR mode (they are both options when you launch the game from steam). I also selected the option in settings to use the Vive controllers. Is it possible to use Touch with The Solus Project?
8 REPLIES 8

Luciferous
Consultant
At the moment no, it works with Xbox, Keyboard and to some extent Vive Controllers. Although they say the touch support is coming but god knows when. At the moment mine is gathering dust until it does.

zboson
Superstar
That's too bad. From what little I played of the game I was seriously impressed. Maybe I should play it with the xbox controller anyway? Well I don't have time for that so I guess I'll wait.

I'm starting to realize that Steam VR games made for the Vive don't necessarily work so well with the Rift.

Amphetamine
Adventurer
There's a beta that you can access for touch, the code for it is in one of the steam forum threads about touch.

zboson
Superstar

There's a beta that you can access for touch, the code for it is in one of the steam forum threads about touch.

If you could add that link to your response that would be awesome!

Edit:  my first search "Solus Project with Touch" turned up the link to my question I just asked!

Maybe you mean this
https://steamcommunity.com/app/313630/discussions/0/1843493219419986497/

DarkTenka
Trustee

zboson said:
I'm starting to realize that Steam VR games made for the Vive don't necessarily work so well with the Rift.

Yea, there are some games that are borderline acceptable ... Onward isnt too bad. Trickster somehow still works amazingly. Table Top Simulator, the tracking issues are frustrating but due to the pace its workable.

In general though SteamVR's Oculus Support is just pure garbage, and the fact that it sits on top of Oculus Home AND on Top of the Game its running just creates performance nightmares.

Luciferous
Consultant
From what I hear the Vive integration is not that great either. Good to know there is a beta, I'll give that a try.

killdozer
Protege

From what I hear the Vive integration is not that great either. Good to know there is a beta, I'll give that a try.

I finished the game with vive, its working ok, not much for complaning

zboson
Superstar

killdozer said:

I finished the game with vive, its working ok, not much for complaning

How useful are the Vive controllers with it? Is the xbox controller a suitable replacement?