cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Height glitching up and down

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
Today I've been noticing this weird thing where I'm sitting inside of "I expect you to die" and while im sitting in my chair I get this glitch every once in a while where my height glitches upwards and I have to reset my default orientation to get it back down to normal. After a little while it will do it again. 

Anyone else have this?
199 REPLIES 199

R0cksteddie
Protege
I've read some people believe the height glitch is down to a faulty HMD.  I bloody hope not as I really do no want to have to go down the RMA route with Oculus if I don't have to.  I actually bought mine from Amazon and even though its way outside their return window they may let me exchange for a new one if I have to as they've done it for me in the past. Anyway I just hope the patch sorts it and there is no need for a return!

will84
Expert Protege

I've read some people believe the height glitch is down to a faulty HMD

I have been reading the same.

@cybereality

I have a support ticket in for this asking this exact question regarding the IMU in the headset, is it possible to get clarification on this please.

thanks

JesseDeya
Expert Protege

I've read some people believe the height glitch is down to a faulty HMD. 

Doesn't make sense when the HMD tracks great with one sensor?!

I can also get my system to glitch just using the Touch controllers during the setup/calibration phase, without the headset even in sight.

TMeX
Explorer

natemitchell

The January Rift update is taking a little longer than we expected in terms of testing. We're working to get it out to everyone as soon as possible. Appreciate everyone's patience. And yes, this means there's very likely two updates in February.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/5r40t7/any_news_on_the_endjanuary_tracking_update/dd4uwni/

R0cksteddie
Protege

JesseDeya said:

I've read some people believe the height glitch is down to a faulty HMD. 

Doesn't make sense when the HMD tracks great with one sensor?!

I can also get my system to glitch just using the Touch controllers during the setup/calibration phase, without the headset even in sight.

Well I tried an experiment and went back to one sensor only and I still am getting the height glitch and tracking stutter with the HMD, so maybe I personally do have a faulty headset.  I've not actually yet opened an official support ticket but I think its time I do this and see what support say.

kzintzi
Trustee
@R0cksteddie, you should lodge a ticket - if you run the diagnostics first then upload them with your ticket I've found that they respond pretty quick - being polite helps too of course :smile:

Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

R0cksteddie
Protege

kzintzi said:

@R0cksteddie, you should lodge a ticket - if you run the diagnostics first then upload them with your ticket I've found that they respond pretty quick - being polite helps too of course :smile:

I raised the ticket and I'm dealing with support now and have had quick responses so far :smile: .  I would always be polite as I used to work in support a long time ago and know what its like dealing with people.

kzintzi
Trustee
likewise.. you lose nothing by being polite.. if nothing else it gives you somewhere to go when it doesn't go your way.. it's harder to play nice after being an #rse.
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

Zandil
Rising Star
I have the Height issue with just the standard 2 front facing cameras and still waiting on the Patch to come through to Aus, can anyone confirm if the patch fixed this issue with 2 cameras ?
Lots of talk on Reddit that the patch didn't make any difference ? 

Callidus80
Protege
Hi @Zandil  I submitted the video on the second post of this thread and can say that the Height Glitch demonstrated there, for me at least, has been resolved with Oculus app version 1.11.0.335615 (1.11.0335772)!!!!!!! What a massive relief!!!!!

I now have an issue where that the guardian system is often in the wrong place but I'm relieved that I can use the Rift once again!