cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Your First Medium Sculpts!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will get this going! 

Just went through the tutorial, the UI is sooo easy to use, picked it up right away. I do have experience with 3D in Maya but still!

Here is my first sculpt, took me about an hour to do 🙂 

s4bcf0vpu9h3.jpg
772 REPLIES 772

southerngfx
Adventurer
Zormone: love him! I watched your video and love your eyes 

god_alom
Adventurer
These are all nice, but why aren't you guys playing rec room paintball?

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
I second @southerngfx comment about the eyes. I've been doing them the total opposite way - bump for the iris with a recessed pupil. Your method seems to catch the light way better. Hate to break it to you but I'm totally stealing that!

Anonymous
Not applicable

P3nT4gR4m said:

I second @southerngfx comment about the eyes. I've been doing them the total opposite way - bump for the iris with a recessed pupil. Your method seems to catch the light way better. Hate to break it to you but I'm totally stealing that!

Its a common technique in traditional sculpting.So you are not stealing,you are learning.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Galuz said:

Because we are already playing Elven Assassin.

god_alom
Adventurer

zormone said:

Galuz said:

Because we are already playing Elven Assassin.

Might give that a shot.

god_alom
Adventurer
On a side note, was wondering if these sculps can be sent to a 3d printer for printing?

MattHickman
Rising Star

Galuz said:

On a side note, was wondering if these sculps can be sent to a 3d printer for printing?

Yup, they sure can. Hit the export button in the home menu, clean up any mesh errors and away you go. There are a number of how-to and tips on the forums here to help guide you and we're working on cleaner mesh export so it's easier to go strait to a printer.

southerngfx
Adventurer
I use ZBrush for most of the work I do. Here's a little helper about getting basic meshes with colour out.

https://vimeo.com/202014792

MattHickman
Rising Star
Fantastic video. All of us on the team are watching and enjoying.