cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus setup tool can't connect to server

AlanLiu
Explorer
It displays "Looks like we can't reach the Oculus server. Please check your connection.". I'm in China. Does Oculus limit the countries/regions which can connect to server.
55 REPLIES 55

frenchcommander
Honored Guest
oculus tech support sucks . $599 for a device that you can't even call someone on the phone

luke73tnt
Honored Guest
Been having the problem and don't know how to fix it

SpencerVR
Honored Guest

Just had this issue today. For me the problem was that i didnt have enough space free on my c drive, but it still gives the "cant connect" error. You need ~5G free

YOU ARE MY HERO

DSFL
Honored Guest
Worked for me also. Same Error Message. Had less than 5GB of disk space on C:\. Once I had 5,6GB free the installation worked

mrmclaughlin
Honored Guest
yep .. same solution worked... need more then 5 gigs free... 

CaptainCodex
Honored Guest
Be carfull oculus setup can't work if your C: partition is on DYNAMIC mode . i use EaseUS partition master (pro version) for change my partition mode ( Basic MBR ) .

Adomic
Honored Guest
Same thing here, I just reinstalled WIndows and it won't connect to the server to install.  I've cleared the dns, made sure it had plenty of permissions, turned off anti-virus and firewall, run as administrator, added the address to the dns host file, tried on other computers on my home network..  but the fact the graph address has an error mentioning an "Access Token" makes me think we need those reissued from Oculus or something.

"error": {
"message": "Invalid OAuth 2.0 Access Token",
"type": "OCApiException",
"code": 190,
"fbtrace_id": "FAzR7xy1fYq"
}
}
I went back to Win7 from 10 after attempting to install PS3 blutooh drivers and they became very much corrupted .. not sure if it was the Xbox blutooth interfering but anyway, I'm hoping someone will chime in about the tokens

UPdate,
  It was the .Net drivers, just updated to 4.6.2 and now it's downloading

Timothy3_14
Honored Guest
For me it was the same. I had to update .Net drivers to version 4.6.2. As Rift Software Troubleshooting says U have to install .NET Framework 4.5 if U use Windows 7.
https://product-guides.oculus.com/en-us/documentation/rift/latest/concepts/rgsg-3-ts-setup-troublesh...

sany5d
Honored Guest
solved with .net update

cutterkin
Explorer
After fighting this issue for weeks on multiple systems and trying every single possible fix, I finally figured out the solution:

1) Very carefully disconnect your Oculus equipment from your computer.
2) Place it in the box it originally came in.
3) Throw the hunk of crap in the nearest dumpster where it belongs.
4) Get an HTC Vive.
5) Enjoy state of the art VR provided by a company that has a phone number, a product that actually works, and a staff that actually cares.