cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cybereality
Grand Champion

Features

• You can now choose to skip updating the firmware on your controllers when repeating Oculus setup.

• Improved visibility of Guardian System boundaries with better hand animations.

• Improved instructions for Oculus sensor positioning during setup.

Bug-fixes

The following key user-facing issues have been addressed in the 1.11 release:

• Improved experimental roomscale and experimental 360º support.

• Fixed calibration issues for multi-sensor configurations and Guardian System setup.

• Fixed tracking issues with Touch controllers that resulted in tracking judder or loss of hand location or hand orientation in VR.

• Fixed sensor issue which prevented Touch controllers from being detected.

• Fixed stability issues with floor height in VR.

• Improved Guardian System.

• Fixed stability issue with Guardian System boundaries moving when the Rift headset wasn’t in use.

• Fixed tracking issue where Touch controllers weren’t detected by Guardian System.

• Fixed reliability issue with Guardian System boundaries triggering too soon.

• Improved Oculus Rift and Touch setup.

• Fixed visibility issues with VR screen for adjusting Rift headset lens position.

• Fixed search issue with Oculus Store and Oculus Library in the Oculus software.

164 Comments
Mace404
Heroic Explorer
Thanks for the release notes. Now for a way to manually update.
I always get updates around 3 days later which is very frustrating - especially when wanting these fixes.
Jake762x51
Explorer
When is the next update due and what will it probably contain ?
JesseDeya
Expert Protege
Thanks for these, looking forward to getting the patch rolled out in my area. Any idea what the release schedule is by region?
SuperTuck
Expert Protege
Regional release or staggered is fine as long as the customer has the option to force update or enroll in the software Beta. I usually have to wait days for any update, which is currently frustrating when I am having issues this patch may resolve.
vanfanel
Heroic Explorer

When is the next update due and what will it probably contain ?

There should be another Feb update.  It's usually in the middle to end of the month.  We won't know what's in it til it happens but I'm hoping for the social features (aka. rooms)
elboffor
Consultant
no fix for the 4 sensor judder problems when waking the headset from sleep mode 😞

oh well
dougchism
Expert Protege
Want to try this out tonight but haven't received it yet! 
cybereality
Grand Champion
Please keep in mind the update may take a few days to propagate to everyone. If you haven't received the update yet, nothing is wrong. Please hang tight and wait a bit longer. Thanks.
Sanborn
Explorer
How I know these patch notes are incomplete: no mention of straightening rug.
regularears
Expert Protege
Thank you. Very helpful.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please keep in mind the update may take a few days to propagate to everyone. If you haven't received the update yet, nothing is wrong. Please hang tight and wait a bit longer. Thanks.

A few days, seriously? 😞
jukesters
Honored Guest
why not put the update out on a torrent so we can share it?
nalex66
MVP
MVP

Sanborn said:

Shhh, that's supposed to be an Easter egg!
Sploosh
Explorer
If anyone is looking for a guide/video on how to set up roomscale this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JulB0E-9SPQ lists compatible extenders in the description and covers the setup process pretty well imo.
Mnem0nic
Protege
I have this update, and it fixed nothing for me,, 3 sensor setup, when turning toward rear sensor my hands jolt and snap into place just like before, when I turn back towards my front facing Sensors I get the same thing... But now I noticed the height glitch (Which I never had before) my hands are now 2 inches of the floor... I have to re-run sensor setup to fix it, but this only lasts a few minutes of unstable tracking and the floor is gone again Grrrr.. Damm frustrating..

So none of the fixes in the OP have worked for me - Oculus App 1.11.0.335615 (1.11.0.335772) 

// Been at this for now nearly 2hrs, nearly ended up throwing the f-thing 😞
ActarusVR
Honored Guest
Is there a way to download the update without waiting in line?
Bel-garath
Expert Protege
Unfortunately, this update now caused a problem that I wasn't having before. I noticed 3 times that my guardian system activitated when I was in the middle of my play space. That has NEVER happened before. In addition, it did nothing to fix my hand jumps when facing the 3rd sensor and away from the front two. Great update.
elboffor
Consultant

nalex66 said:

Sanborn said:

Shhh, that's supposed to be an Easter egg!

maybe it was the kink in the rug that caused the tracking to go off?

now all they need to do is make the flames less square and we really are in for a treat
cybereality
Grand Champion
Actually, it seems like we'll be able to roll this out to everyone as soon as later tonight. Thanks.
Mnem0nic
Protege

Actually, it seems like we'll be able to roll this out to everyone as soon as later tonight. Thanks.

cool,, I hope your prepared for another onslaught over the weekend lol...
cybereality
Grand Champion
Of course, I'm always prepared.
elboffor
Consultant

cybereality origonally said:

My body is ready.

cybereality edited it to sa:

I
prefer the first response lol, but you were correct. anyone who hasnt seen it will soon see...
wfdjqyz5qrn7.png

cybereality
Grand Champion
LOL, my ninja edit clearly wasn't quick enough.
slartibartphast
Explorer
Bah no sound mirroring. 
elboffor
Consultant
clearly 😉

just tested it btw peeps, anyone hoping the 4 sensor bug was fixed I have news!!!!

it isnt 😞

is it worth me raising a ticket for it cyber or are support alredy aware of it?
Mnem0nic
Protege

I'm sure you are 😉

Here's my latest log from the last 10hrs, I just made this log now but Rift was unplugged and put away,, If its needed to re-run log then I'll do it again..

latest version 1.11  

//  I did notice that tracking glitch/shift happens also in the "Guardian setup" window,, just by moving the controller around in here without tracing a line my 3 sensors would shift about and not stay still, slight movements etc,, I can pretty much know I'll have tracking issues even before reaching HOME at that point 😞   
samhimburg
Protege

Mnem0nic said:

I'm sure you are 😉

Here's my latest log from the last 10hrs, I just made this log now but Rift was unplugged and put away,, If its needed to re-run log then I'll do it again..

latest version 1.11  

//  I did notice that tracking glitch/shift happens also in the "Guardian setup" window,, just by moving the controller around in here without tracing a line my 3 sensors would shift about and not stay still, slight movements etc,, I can pretty much know I'll have tracking issues even before reaching HOME at that point 😞   

Same thing happening for me.  Sensors are shifting around during guardian setup.  Once into home it seems that the hand movement and jitteriness is worse than before.  
bgranorff
Protege

Mace404 said:

I always get updates around 3 days later which is very frustrating - especially when wanting these fixes.

And what about choosing the option to repair your installation? I am doing it now.. and I assume the 1.57GB that I am forcing my system to download will include the latest and greatest. 

Crossing my fingers at least. 

flexy123
Superstar
OH HELL YEAH, way more consistent now. Could calibrate my setup without issues. Previously this was a trial/error thing to get right.
JesseDeya
Expert Protege

bgranorff said:

Mace404 said:

And what about choosing the option to repair your installation? I am doing it now.. and I assume the 1.57GB that I am forcing my system to download will include the latest and greatest. 

It won't unless it by chance happens to roll out at the same time, I tried that yesterday.
kevin1110
Honored Guest

bgranorff said:

Mace404 said:

Thanks for the tip. Easy way to force the update!!
cybereality
Grand Champion
No, reinstalling won't force the update. You just have to wait. Thanks.
Sinstalker21
Heroic Explorer
I guess I should feel lucky that I am not having the issues that apparently a lot of ppl are, hence a fix patch.  Setup my 3rd sensor w/o any issues as well today.
JoeManji08
Heroic Explorer
I'm seeing lots of complaints on here, so I thought I'd share my positive feedback.  

First, the visibility fix to the guardian system is awesome!  Can't count how many times I've gotten too close to it playing Arizona Sunshine in a dark location and been blinded by the brightness of it lol.  I like the way it now blanks the guardian wall near your hands so that if you're aiming a gun it doesn't block your view.

Second,  I haven't been able to play a lot of games yet, but I'm seeing a definite improvement in my 3-sensor tracking.  I have mine mounted on my ceiling in the corners of my room, and before the update, I predictably lost tracking every time I pointed the controllers towards the ground.  But now, they're way more stable.

I'm curious -- users who are reporting the hands moving when you point towards the back sensor, do you have them mounted above your eye level?  When mine were at shoulder-height, I had the same problem, because I think 2 sensors need to see the controller for high accuracy.  But once I raised them, it went away.

Anyways, thanks for the hard work!  I will update if the improvement seems less substantial after playing a few games.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Major issues with this update when running room scale. Would be nice to be able to roll back an update. 
nalex66
MVP
MVP

I'm seeing lots of complaints on here, so I thought I'd share my positive feedback.  

First, the visibility fix to the guardian system is awesome!  Can't count how many times I've gotten too close to it playing Arizona Sunshine in a dark location and been blinded by the brightness of it lol.  I like the way it now blanks the guardian wall near your hands so that if you're aiming a gun it doesn't block your view.

I agree, the new look of the Guardian walls is much better. It also doesn't seem to pop up nearly as much now (I used to get it appearing a lot, even when I wasn't particularly close to it).

Tracking seems solid so far. I used to get a bit of a hitch in the headset tracking when I turned away from the sensors, but that seems better. I haven't used Touch enough yet to say if the spinning hands issue is fixed, but I'll spend some time in Medium over the weekend and find out.
RuptureGames
Protege
Great,  after the update my 3rd sensor which I had plugged in to my Inatek USB card as 3.0 is now reading as poor tracking quality.  I specifically bought that card so that I could have all three sensors plugged into 3.0 USB.  WTF Oculus?
RuptureGames
Protege
Not sure what happened to my comment a moment ago but I'd like to add that not only did this update make it so my 3rd sensor now reads with poor tracking quality in a USB 3.0 even though it was fine before,  but,  My .bat file I used to stop the invasive Oculus services in windows does not work anymore.  Now when I stop the services a Oculus window pops up and still tries to connect but can't so it just sits there broken.
bgranorff
Protege
Yep..simple as that. Just download the installer, select repair..and voila. 
RuptureGames
Protege
Also, USB 3.0 ports are backwards compatible.  WHY, put up a tracking message forcing the user to move it specifically to a USB 2.0 port?  That doesn't make sense. 
Dark3stWhite
Protege
Awesome! Ran the setup again with 3 sensors, just did a quick walk around but it looks very promising! Seems super stable so far, much better than before at least.  Also, thank you so much for the communication.  I cannot stress enough how thankful I am for these change logs.  I know what to look for and what to look forward to and am well informed.  Hope this happens more and more with Oculus.  Would be great to add change logs to Oculus Home itself so we can leave poor CyberReality alone! XP.

Also I love the new look for Guardian.  When I would play dead and buried before, sometimes I would get too close to my boundaries when shooting, causing the circle to appear near my hand on the virtual wall. Well, you could not see past it. Causing you to blind fire.  The new window effect is amazing.  I love it.

Thank you so much Oculus!  Keep up the great work!  And communication 🙂
ActarusVR
Honored Guest
Did the update, went right into a couple of games for a few hours.  Didn't notice any difference in tracking.  Still 80-90% good tracking with movement glitches from time to time).  I'm I suppose to redo the complete setup process?

MrAnderson96543
Protege
I don't want to praise too soon, but my 2 hours play-session with the new update was way more stable than all of my play-sessions before with touch. I'll test it some more tomorrow, but it seems very promising.

My third sensor on my USB 3.0 now also gets the "poor tracking" tag. But nevertheless it was much better than before the update.

I hope the tracking will remain in such stable condition.
digitalkibble
Protege
Sweet, more tracking fidelity is always a good thing.  I look forward to testing out the changes.

That said, a minor bug I noticed with the in-game environment for Oculus Home; if you look directly behind at the bar (where the current version number is located) and just to the left, you'll notice a lighting effect around the corner that is clipping in and out of existence causing an unsightly flicker/shading effect.  

Super minor, just putting it down here for posterity.  I do view that virtual hub room as my second office, after all! :wink:

Thanks again for the continued effort Oculus!
TickTock
Heroic Explorer
@cybereality :  I didn't see it in the bug fixes but was wondering if the update addressed the issues when sensors were mounted upside-down.  I have a Mickey-mouse setup to hold mine upside right right now and was wondering if I could go back to upside-down orientation.
JoeManji08
Heroic Explorer

TickTock said:

@cybereality :  I didn't see it in the bug fixes but was wondering if the update addressed the issues when sensors were mounted upside-down.  I have a Mickey-mouse setup to hold mine upside right right now and was wondering if I could go back to upside-down orientation.

I don't know what issues there were, but mine have been upside-down on the ceiling for about a week now without any problem.  Better tracking since today's update too.
HornyyyHorn
Expert Protege
If Oculus App 1.11.0.335615 (1.11.0.335772) is the update, nothing has changed for me, except some grafical improvements. Maybe it´s better than nothing or more worse things... I hoped they would kill that OVRservice restarter thing. 
I think steamVR don´t like the new update. 
Mace404
Heroic Explorer
Ok, mine just updated without any notification(!). I checked version number and its 1.11 now.
Let the testing commence :smiley:
assettomio
Adventurer
Am I the only one here that likes the rug to be curled up?

Btw mine says 1.11.0 but there has not been an update warning, must've updated in the background.. The "can't find your sensor" bug is back again now though.. It was gone before.
It says "Error. Something went wrong. We're working on getting it fixed as soon as we can. (OVR49108750). Referenced device missing position: headset (197****)"
Which is very strange (and annoying) because all of the tracking works fine, and when I do reset position, it shows both sensors