cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus setup error: "Looks like we can't reach the oculus server". What can i do?

Piotrekk4
Sightseer
I bought oculus cv1 days ago and want to setup but cannot because of this :cry:
PLS help someone!
Things like clean dns cache or write oculus like dns server in hosts dont work.
I have clean new installed windows 10 and firewall turned off.
18 REPLIES 18

Royspain
Explorer

elboffor said:

a whole 7 posts!
you sure have tried every solution you salty forum veteran you

And u seems to be here just to judge people but not to help to anyone at all...

Royspain
Explorer
I also do not want to discuss with anyone, but I've been looking for a 16 day solution 
to even install the oculus rift, I've visited hundreds of pages in this forum and others,
I installed a second operating system, win 10, which does not even install the software,
in a Clean installation with all the updates and latest drivers, no antivirus, no firewall
, but I am not the only one, in each of the hundreds of pages I have visited, there will
be an average of 10 people with the same problem, which is repeated Since the time of DK1
and DK2, this is simply unacceptable and I fully understand the comment of "cutterkin"
because I am myself to return the rift and acquire a HTC vive, because the work that
people do in this forum really corresponds to support , I never had so many problems
installing hardware, and I have already built several computers ... I hope you understand
me, greetings

Ernimus_Prime
Heroic Explorer

Royspain said:

I also do not want to discuss with anyone, but I've been looking for a 16 day solution 
to even install the oculus rift, I've visited hundreds of pages in this forum and others,
I installed a second operating system, win 10, which does not even install the software,
in a Clean installation with all the updates and latest drivers, no antivirus, no firewall
, but I am not the only one, in each of the hundreds of pages I have visited, there will
be an average of 10 people with the same problem, which is repeated Since the time of DK1
and DK2, this is simply unacceptable and I fully understand the comment of "cutterkin"
because I am myself to return the rift and acquire a HTC vive, because the work that
people do in this forum really corresponds to support , I never had so many problems
installing hardware, and I have already built several computers ... I hope you understand
me, greetings

I wish you the best.   I actually looked at the forums on the Vive side.   People over there more less are having the same issues.  Not one product is perfect.   And this is first gen gear.   I hope you have better luck with the Vive.   Take care.   
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. MSI VENTUS 3 RTX 3080 OC, Primary: MSI MAG274QRF-QD 2nd monitor: Acer Predator XG270HU 1440p@144 hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.

elboffor
Consultant
If the software wont install then its an issue with your computer. Pure and simple.
100,000's of people have onstalled it just fine. Yoy mention registry tweaks and dual booting. Heres an idea, before trying to be all 1337 why dont you try the basics first?
Hook up 1 hdd or ssd.
Install a legitimate version of windows 10.
Install the software.
If you cant install it then, you have a hardware issue. The software is fine, the problem is your setup.

And my comment wasnt directed to you anyway so calm down. This next comment is directed towards you.

USE THE EDIT BUTTON

Heres an example, i wanted to add this so clicked the edit button and was able to make an additional comment without double posting constantly 
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Royspain
Explorer
Well... I have seen 3 comms from u, and 3 ones was to tell someone not to do this or that, or to do something..... man, u look the policeman of this forum, I dont know if u have autocalled or santa brought it to u, but thats the impression u make

Anyway, at least in your last comment, I see some will to help, I ask u all (if case of u elbo dont want to help anymore) what means "1337" and/or "basic"? is there several setup ways? or it refers to "Hook up 1 hdd or ssd"?

If i leave just hdd with win 10 OS may not start since the first OS (win 7) is in ssd, anyway will I have to uninstall ssd any time i use rift? is that the solution?

My OS´s are well activated, but anyway why oculus had to spy to his own costumers if their OS,s are registred or not? why not to spy if they have some traffic santion too?

Do u know that the archive making probs, OVRServer_x64 does?  This process is always on, and regularly sends updates back to Facebook’s servers.

The process’ main purpose is to help detect when the Rift is turned
on and on your face so that it can launch Oculus Home, but the further
reaching implications of it are potentially much more salacious.

Digging into the Oculus Rift’s Privacy Policy that users agree to
when checking “Agree” on the Terms and Conditions there are a couple of
interesting bits that may prove to be concerning (if not completely
expected).

A section of the privacy policy outlines “information automatically
collected about you when you use our services” including when, where,
and how you interact with content on the platform even going as far as
tracking your movements in virtual space.

And thats the cause of the problem, and as always, with great companies, all blames r for the final costumer... pay to be spied.... what a feat...

My pc has 1.5 years, I got an expensive VR card with rift, all brand new, and repeat, clean installation with all the updates and latest drivers, no antivirus, no firewall, there is more, why do we have to expose our pcs with no antivirus and/or firewall to run a simple setup uh? it reminds me that game patches asking for that, to get full your pc with troyans..... I dont say it is the same case, but it recalls me that,  THE PROBLEM IS THE SHITTY OCULUS SOFT DEVELOPMENT, his nefast support, and oculus/facebook comercial interests, man, since some of your solution, probably valid, has not been mentioned in 17 days to me from them, there is more, there had no reason to be like now, and I never ever had so many probs not running but even installing software, and this is my 5th pc, 3 of them builded with my own hands...

And finally, I already edited some of my posts, thats why some letters changed colours, but I dont retry of my comms, do you? U use your auto-police way with yourself too?

Regards

Royspain
Explorer
Well... it have been a long weekend... cause saturday night I was finally able to run rift setup and make it work... the "problem" was that the hd where installed win 10 was in dynamic, when oculus soft needs it in basic (mbr) format... as nerd as that... who told me to convert to basic? no one... no one who had too, of course... I found it looking in forums by my self and if I have visited near 100, I see it twice, one of them in this forums from someone who wanted to help, no more, no less....

Then now, where r each one? where is support? where r elbo with his hd hooks and legitimated OS,s? who will u blame to now? uh? was my pc problem? was my antivirus, hardware or pc config? no, no, was, as i said, THE SHITTY OCULUS SOFT DEVELOPMENT, his nefast support, and oculus/facebook comercial interests, so busy spying their own costumers before making a working setup soft, no more, no less... u need more policeman training...

Then, bye all, it have been 22 days wasted but the oculus support/development image is still worse... congrats from near thousand people suffering your negligences... only some WORKING software and from other developers can make to forget all this, hope u learn something in this thousand forums like i did, bye bye...

MRSOKRATES
Honored Guest
I will sell oculus cv 1 model , There is a constant problem

Powerhawks
Honored Guest
I got the same problem, and resolve it by clearing spaces on my C: drive.
Per what I saw, you need at least 7GB free on your C: drive

MykeMac
Honored Guest
The thing that worked for me, was copying the setup file to desktop, and to update .NET framework to 4.7, then the same installer told me to install some windows 7 security updates