cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quill Export missing layers

eric3dee
Honored Guest
I've been trying to export an FBX from Quill (I've tried alembic as well), but every time I export only one layer gets exported (a really simple floor).  Not sure what to do- I've tried a few things, like deleting unnecessary layers and even merged the missing layer with the one that is exporting, but I still seem to get the same result 😕
7 REPLIES 7

eric3dee
Honored Guest
Attached is my Quill piece

chorne
Adventurer
Hey Eric - First off - I LOVE your painting. I shared it with the team. 

Sadly it looks like we have a bug related to exporting the square brush specifically. We've filed a bug to get it fixed. I'll see if there are any workarounds....

eric3dee
Honored Guest
Ah- too bad.  Glad to here I could help bug hunt though.  Please let me know as soon as you figure anything out- I'm hoping to share on Sketchfab.  Until then, I suppose I'll keep working on the piece in hopes that I might be able to export in the future?  Thanks for getting back with me!

chorne
Adventurer
Not sure when we'll release the next patch for Quill - so in the meantime - I've got the FBX we were using to test the bugfix. Hope this helps!

eric3dee
Honored Guest
Haha- awesome!  Well, the painting is much further along now, I am just thrilled to hear that exporting it will be possible.  Now I wait with baited breath...

eric3dee
Honored Guest
Got it posted to Sketchfab thankyouverymuch!  https://skfb.ly/6n6RJ
I've got the bigger finished painting done... just looking forward to the patch 😉

eric3dee
Honored Guest
Chorne- sent you a PM